Kansas Upgrades

Memphis is going to pump 150-200 million on the Liberty Bowl. Expect the big12 to expand back to 14 after OU and UT leave.

1 Like

I wouldn’t add any G5s.

4 Likes

That is a compelling piece of data

That is a compelling piece of data.

1 Like

I agree with Law.

We have to pull PAC schools.

I’d only be OK adding one G5 ONLY if its part of package of 4 with 3/4 P5 schools.

Would 3 or 4 of these schools jump to the Big12?

Colorado
Utah
Arizona
Arizona State

If the Big 12 decides to expand after the departure of UT & OU, the first option ought to be to go after the 4 easternmost schools in the PAC-12. We don’t need any more G5 schools.

2 Likes

I agree no more G 5s. We can wait to see if p5s are available later.

1 Like

Outstanding post, law97… the only time the Big 12 was in actual danger was when the PAC 12 considered expansion shortly after Texas and OU announced their move. But the PAC 12, weak, uncertain and divisive in their thinking, as always, ended up doing nothing…
Quickly, the Big 12 added 4 good schools and they were back on rock solid ground again…Big 12 is 3rd best FB conference, and best BB conference. They compete and win NCs in BB…They have great bowl tie ins and sometimes make playoff in FB…None of our members, old or new, are going ANYWHERE…
Some people cannot get over their hate of old Big 12…They better learn to, because it is our Big 12 now…

5 Likes

Yes…they had their shot to kill the Big 12…now its the Big 12’s job to find a way to pick off 2-4 of the existing PAC members.

We will know the instability of the PAC12 by next year if all of their teams do not sign the new GOR. At that time, some of their teams may start looking around.

1 Like

Yep Memphis can go fly a kite. No more G5s.

I’m calling it that after a few teams leave the ACC they go after Memphis.

Big12 needs to go after some PAC schools. Utah, Arizona/Zona st and Colorado are on my list.

Maybe you do that and solidify us as the number 3 option then you start picking off schools from ACC once the BIG raids them.

Maybe B1G doesn’t get schools closer to SEC country.

Maybe you start asking to see if a combo of Miami , Fl St and Georgia Tech want to come.

Hell pie in the sky you start poking around to see if any former big 12 schools want to come back since they took off because of UT.

Nebraska or Arky?

Maybe Mizzou so Kansas can get it’s hated team back?

Big 12 is lacking a Blueblood… we do need a headlining team to raise our profile.

UTah, Arizona, Arizona State, are not going to trade playing in California especially USC, to travel to Waco, Still Water, Lubbock. That’s silly.

Proximity wise, Arizona schools are closer to California than Texas.

More importantly when was the last time a PAC-12 school departed for another conference.

No pac-12 school is coming to the big12.

6 Likes

That will still be true as long as all their schools sign the new GOR next year. If some schools do not sign it, that means some schools are not happy with the PAC12 which leads to instability.

I think they will sign it because they will not know what the Big12 media deal will look like. That unknown will pretty much guarantee they will sign the PAC12 GOR.

1 Like

When the B1G added Nebraska, they added a team that, at the time, was nationally recognized as a football power. Nebraska was (and maybe still is) a big draw for the several states adjoining Nebraska and also drew decently nationally for several games against teams not named Kansas, Iowa State, etc. In other words, they were added for football and TV viewership.

KU is not a TV draw for football and that is not even worth discussing. The B1G doesn’t need anymore powerful BB teams. As a matter of fact, the B1G schools may not want anymore competition for the B1G BB championship.

As for recruiting; Kansas, Iowa, and Nebraska are not hotbeds of NCAA talent. The few really good players are already being scooped up by B1G schools or even SEC schools.

Nebraska was good bc they had a longterm coach in Osborne, in the big 8 where they could dominate with OU, had partial qualifiers, a country ship of many walk ons and the first major weight program so they could dominate in the trenches. They really would do better in the big12 but they won’t leave. I agree Kansas doesn’t bring anything to the big 10 in football.

I think that the only way there is further movement via expansion is if the B1G decides to pursue several PAC 12 schools, and somehow persuades them to leave, destabilizing the PAC…But i do not think B1G will do that. They value the partnership with PAC 12. I also think even if asked, the PAC 12 schools would not leave…

2 Likes

I see the B1G (UVA, UNC, ND, and maybe GaTech) and SEC (Clemson, Florida State) both pursuing certain ACC schools. The PAC-12 is too far away to justify sending teams from coast to coast to play in non-revenue sports.

Spot on. Well said !

How would the big12 stack up vs the Acc if the 2 left

Or do we then go Acc like coog bong mentioned per his psychic?