Kansas Upgrades

I don’t have any data to support this, but I think the Arizona schools feel like outsiders to the PAC. They love to beat USC and UCLA, sure, but when we played Arizona in Tucson a few years back, I got the sense from the fans I talked with that aside from the $ they don’t really care about the PAC.

As such, i could definitely see the big12 scooping them up.

1 Like

The PAC 12 used to be The PAC 8.

That could happen again.

Colorado used to be in The Big 12. Perhaps they return.

Utah has annual rivalry games with BYU. Perhaps that becomes a conference game in The Big 12.

Arizona is very connected to California. Lots of transplants. You routinely see lots and lots of California license plates in Arizona. Not sure The Wildcats and Sun Devils want a change.

If that many Acc teams leave which is 5,we pick off some. The strong Acc teams in football by brand are clemson, fla st, Miami , va tech and ga tech bc of history and academics. The rest are bb schools or not big brands in football. Seems like miami could be left out since I doubt the Big10 wants them and the sec would rather fla st and stop there. North cat is a bb school.

Colorado i dont see leaving, cause culturally Boulder, CO fits in more with California than it does with the Big 12 schools.

Though, i dont love Memphis, it is SEC territory.

Could you steal Pittsburgh away from the ACC? To partner with West Virginia

And expand into that Northeast market.

So we’re saying the ACC is a dead man walking?

The ACC GOR doesnt expire until the 2026/2027 season That is 4 or 5 years from now…i do not see any of their teams leaving in near future…it likely will be awhile before this stuff starts bubbling again.

1 Like

Correction, it expires after 2036.
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/755203553384402944?t=yF7t9VjL947Jr5cSNFGRew&s=03

That’s why they are vulnerable.

Who wants to be tied down THAT long?

1 Like

that McMurphy story is 6 years old…I checked ACC website yesterday and it says GOR expires in 2026/27. Conference must have changed GOR date during the last 6 years…

Where is the link because everyone except you knows the ACC GOR expires after 2036?

1 Like

Every link I can find says 2036.

Kansas’ baseball team lost 30-3 to TCU. The night before 15-6.
Obviously, not a lot has been spent on anything other than basketball.

Why would they spend that much money on someone else’s stadium whem for that much they could build on campus.

1 a month free on SBJ.

Tilman said in so many words that smaller venues are the wave of the future. Paraphrasing: do more with a smaller, more convenient, and more elegant stadium. Easier to maintain and clean and it produces more $ per labor hr, making it a net winner for the school.

Capacity doesn’t drive revenue. Driving up demand does.

4 Likes

I think he was referring to basketball, the big time football programs will fill seats hopefully one of these days we can do same

1 Like

You only need 40 or 55 k seats in football to win big. Let’s say we sell out all games, it would be rocking and recruits prob feel it’s enough fans. See Louisville game in 2016 or so. There is the thing called marginal gain where more and more doesn’t help.

4 Likes

Tilman was talking about sports venues in general. I know because the topic was what to do with the Astrodome.

LL / staff on a roll.
3d Four Star in this class. (2 from Htown)
No cupcakes in new B12.