Keep it classy

Posted by southpaw - Honestly, when I’m bringing my 3 year old and my 15 year old daughters to the university I attended and earned my degree from… the last thing I want them to walk away with is… a memory of how “hood” we are. They look up to me and they see me being a HUGE UH fan. I will politely engage in a discussion with those acting a little unruley or foul mouth by pointing out that the stadium is not a grown up only environment. It’s a family environment. If they can’t accept that… actually, if they can’t respect that, than I’ll let security take care of it. I’m far from a prude… so so far, but when there are children around and cameras watching then maybe you should be on your best behavior.

I agree with southpaw. We have very good seats in 229 and our group will have anywhere from 4 to 6 ladies over 50. They do not want to hear drunks screaming obscenities and they shouldn’t have to hear it. If it starts within hearing distance I am the first to notify security. I will not ever approach the culprit because I’ll have had a few myself and don’t want to loose my cool and do not want to regret doing something stupid. It is the security guard’s job.

1 Like

We had a great area at NRG. It was in the end zone in the lower level so it was mixed. The only thing I saw was a near fight when a UH fan was high-fiving OU fans as they left in a friendly manner but one drunk OU fan took offense. A bigger UH fan got in the middle of them and the OU fans kept walking.

When you buy a ticket to a game, even in a rival stadium you should expect some ribbing, but vulgar, drunken harassment is over the line. No need for any of that, but when your team becomes a “hot event”, you get all kinds. The weirdest thing is the bandwagon fans who jump on the trend late are usually the ones who are the most belligerent. It is almost like they want to “prove” their fandom.

1 Like