Kellen Sampson

This is what happens when people pretend to have inside info. It was on the radio a few days ago that WSU was going after the coach from ORU.

Yeah
 Kellen interviewed over a week ago :writing_hand:

He makes more than the SHSU HC ( 240k) that’s why those Schools aren’t conducive for Kellen to leave. Bearkats are actually abt to lose their HC who’s the favorite to take NMSU job 
 contract will be in excess of 400k per reports.

1 Like

Don’t mess with happy!

1 Like

I agree conroe80!

It can take 4-6 years to build a program. If Kelvin retires while Kellen is still in the construction phase at another school then he might miss his shot at UH.

Say, if Kellen is coming off a 15-15 season and UH has a shot at a real hotdog from a p5. We could have different leadership at that point too.

Hypothetically, how many losses would Kellen as a head coach be allowed before ya’ll demand he is canned?

Wow that’s peanuts compared to what other coaches make, wild - makes you wonder how those schools will keep up if at all

All the best to everyone in the UH basketball program. Incredible where the program was, and where it is now.

If it were me, I’d be looking to enjoy and relish in what is going on here at UH, not go somewhere else to start from ground zero.

Of course, as a fan, I don’t want any staff changes. These are awesome times. Selfishly, status quo please
for many more years!

I just don’t see UH basketball not being a powerhouse every year, given how focused and dedicated everyone involved is to constantly improving and winning. And being prepared for adversity (gut check time
no problem!).

These guys are winners and know how to win. The Coogs are a blast to watch. Great time to be a Coog fan.

It seems like the entire UH BB staff (including family) are the best of the best, with a program that is now elite. Could there actually be a better situation for Kellen somewhere else? Wouldn’t think so but people have their own reasons for doing things. I hope Kellen stays to be HC whenever it is Kelvin decides to retire (not soon!).

2 Likes