Kentucky Derby 2022

I am all in for Burro del Valle the underdog. He has been training hard. You got to admire the dedication. His training regimen reminds me of Rocky in the meat locker.

As a handicapper we can’t ignore “Mohamed I will teach the infidels” chances. He too has been training hard.

Unless they are racing 200 miles through the mountains I don’t think your bet is gonna pay off.

1 Like

That was an incredible race……don’t even care that I lost.

Rich Strike was not in the original 20 horse field….a late scratch put him in as an alternate Friday morning just minutes before the deadline……

“ out of his depth”, “ doesn’t have the pedigree to compete here”, “ has absolutely no shot to even come close to the board”……

Those were the comments of the “ experts” before the 80-1 shot won the derby…. A $2 win ticket paid $163……second longest shot to ever win….

ETA of story becoming a movie :movie_camera:, two years!

1 Like

The way he surged to win makes me think he could win the Triple Crown.

1 Like

Well they only get longer from here……it’s possible.

Those races will need to have super fast opening 1/2 miles as well……that really helped him….

Never heard of the Nicky but he gave him a clean trip….great ride.

When do they get the “official” results and confirmation the horse wasn’t juiced ?

Tomorrow.

That horse was not juiced….just a perfect trip.

https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1523109413791625216?t=ATT0jjcaaLHGeeSwS7TkCQ&s=19

I didn’t see it coming at all

5 Likes

An upset of almost HISTORICAL proportions.

Wow.

The crowd was utterly silent.

1 Like

I’ve never seen anything like that. That horse had another gear and just put the pedal to the metal. Incredible.

3 Likes

Actually the Preakness is a bit shorter and the Belmont way longer

1 Like

Yes, you are right 1 and an 1/8 I think and then Belmont is usually the one that gets them……3rd race and what 1 and a 1/2?

As I recalI, the Derby is 1.25 mi., the Preakness is 1 and 3/16 mi. and the Belmont is 1.5 mi.

I went to the Derby @ 2009. It was a blast.

First/only time I had the “Kentucky Hot Brown”
Its great but sets you back.

Mattress Mac will a “bad beat” in the derby.

Doesn’t he know he is supposed to be leader of the UH NIL slush fund? My goodness……the gall

1 Like

Any relation to Red Pollard? He was the jockey that rode Seabiscuit.

Any of you older guys remember Silky Sullivan?

I’m not old enough to have seen Silky run, but I have heard about him ever since I started watching the ponies back in ‘65. I’ve read a lot about him and watched all the film of him I can find. I have always liked the late runner/come from behind horses. The 1991 Derby winner, Strike the Gold, is my all time favorite horse, followed closely by John Henry. My wife and I were lucky enough to see John Henry 2 different times at The Kentucky Horse Park before he moved on to that big oval in the sky.

Doesn’t appear well have a Triple Crown winner this year…

On this day…

https://twitter.com/HonestLarry1/status/1587450139307921411?s=20&t=MISXDxMm1dgcHbDNTxLgpA

1 Like