King has season ending.surgery

his tcu offer was as a QB… He hadd bigger offers as an athlete, like usc and clemson… but tcu was as a qb

It was a while ago so you could be correct

I just remember that he recruited as a four star athlete and not a QB

Kings college careeer is done…

i dont get the “NFL wasnever in his cards” comments, when he was a qb draft boards in the preseason (people dont realize how bad the qb pool for this draft class is)… he hada chance at the nfl as a qb. but this injury likely kills those dreams

im sad for him… but as someone noted, i think king will make a great coach if he choses to take that route

for the most part you are correct, most big teams recruited him as an athlete… tcu and houston were the biggest teams recruiting him as a qb… just noting that tcu was a qb offer… he said he wouldnt consider any team that didn look at him as a qb

I’ll probably never be a King “fan” as a player because of the way he left unless and until he can make amends for that, but I feel bad for him. He’s been through a lot the last couple years and notwithstanding the ugliness of his last year here/exit seems like he’s probably a generally good guy. I’m happy for him that he was able to get that NIL deal.

1 Like

Me too. After these injuries he is a long shot even for WR. Was always a long shot at QB. Glad he was able to get a degree (maybe 2?) plus some actual money. Might be a tough year or two or not making any money as he takes a shot at football.

Dude is a UH Graduate. Damn shame his college football career ends with an injury. All the best too him.

You still got Tune getting drafted? We’re 5-1

1 Like

I watched Miami play to see King. He has a pretty weak arm for an NFL prospect. He will probably get looked at for other positions.

no… i actually thought we’d be 6-0 till this point n preseason. my take was that if we got to 10+ wins he would be drafted… 8-9wins was the safe window where he could come back…7 or less he is at risk of being benched

and my overall prediction was wrong, as i said if we got to 10 wins it must mean tune must be having a good season and putting up great stats…i was wrong in the aspect that we are winning even though tune has not been putting up good stats…

note the qb draft class is even weaker than previously thought, and 2 of the top 4 qbs are struggling badly (ou’s qb who was benched, and uncs qb) tune missed a great chance with good stats and 6-0 he is likely a lock for a top 3 round… with a 10/6 td/int ratio no one is grabbing him

1 Like

I could follow you on this but here are the facts.
He regularly missed wide open receivers. When this happened CDH had to consider options which he did. King did not like it. The rest as they say is history.

You had to be the only one :joy::joy: I didn’t even expect us to be 5-1 and I was pretty high on this team.

those arent the facts…and doesnt match with any evidence at all…

king only mssed open recievers under dana…CDH asked king and 5 other seniors to redshirt after the tulane loss (witnessed by tons of players)… king and others agreed…it wasnt king idea…

1 Like

our schedule is BAD…texas tech was a preseason project 5 win team…tulsa or tulane at a 6win projection was the best team we played based on preseason projection

your comment is a contradiction… you say you were high on houston but didnt expect us to b 5-1… that makes absolutely no sense… it was known preseason that smu and memphis were the only preseason touted teams we would play…
were you expecting us to lose to tulane…a projected 6 win team, while claiming you were high on Houston??

He missed wide open receivers before this happened.

he was touted as an elite deep ball passer in the major years…it was bragged about almost ever single game in the major era

Touted, bragged? The field gives you the answer. You can’t tell me that he set the world on fire before his Miami injury while at Miami.

he was throwing at over 65% in miami…honestly remvoe the alabama this year and clemson game last year (which is a monster for anyone) his stats were borderline elite at miami… he was only sub 64% at any point in his career and that was with dana (at 52%)

How did Greg played against so called elite competition while throwing with an injured shoulder that almost got him out of the NFL?
I wish King a full recovery and a bright future. I never thought he was in the same conversation with Greg or others.

2 Likes

I wish the guy all the best. I’ve yet to hear anyone say he’s a bad guy and you hate to see anyone go through injuries.

Meanwhile on the football field, actual statistics say he completed 53% of his passes in the four games he played in 2019.

1 Like