King has season ending.surgery

King had limitations and struggled before leaving here. Miami fans were starting to realize those limitations this season before the injury. You can only throw underneath and move the pocket so much. Talented defenses or good defensive schemes were going to do well against him.

He wasn’t going to get any real attention as a qb at the next level. Would have likely and maybe still will have an opportunity at receiver as a FA.

1 Like

Feel bad for him. Wonder what kind of shoulder injury it is…

Hope he makes a full recovery and does well in future endeavors.

I thought we would be 8 win maybe 9 win team. That’s more than the last 2 years combined so that is pretty high for our recent standards. If I had us at 6-0 than I’d expect 11 wins and I wasn’t THAT high on us. Most people had us at 7 wins max 8. I didn’t think we would go into Tulsa and Tulane on a short week and beat them both. And idc about pre season rankings especially in the AAC, they are wrong most of the time, there are always surprisingly good teams like Tulsa last year and smu the year before that. I guess that team is us this year

1 Like

no one was high on houston in the board, but EVERYONE recognized how easy the schedule was, almost everyone here had 7wins minimum…

i had us a 6-0 and 10-2 in the regular season… with smu and memphis the only projected 6+ win team on our schedule… and then maybe 1 upset loss somewhere… i even made a thread that dana is probably going to win 9+ this season but i dont think he is the future for UH, in the preseason

im still confused where you are getting these “most people projected 8 win max”… especially when most considered rice, grambling, uconn, temple, usf, ecu, navy as auto wins entering the year, thats 7 wins right there (projected 4wins or less teams in preseason)… most had 7win minimum but that we should still fire him at 7wins

no way you can say you were high on houston on this schedule and then say your projected 8 wins

I remember my reply was “can we win 10 games without Tune playing well” And you did say with this schedule sure.
Do you think he can play his way into the draft if he ends well? 4 of the ints are from Tech. His percentage has gone way up and he has cut the ints down. Wonder if he keeps that up all the way to the CCG?

That’s BS. Come on.

Like him or not, he is who he is. He’s small, injury-prone and inconsistent when he is healthy.

He could have chosen to play WR. Nobody would have stopped him.

That his former UH teammate–and I think nearly all of us would agree very, very good QB–Greg Ward got no interest from the NFL at QB should have told him all he needed to know about which position to play if he wanted to pursue an NFL career. .

4 Likes

i think he can play his way into the draft, i just don’t think its likely… he has reduced the INTs some, but is still only putting up 2tds a game the last 3… his career starts arent good… he is going to need extraordinary stats not above average stats to have a real shot … he’d need to go like 28tds+ and 2ints the rest of the way…that has like 1% chance of happening… our pass game is not that potent…and tune is less turnover prove, but not that much less…tulane dropped a few ints last week… i cant see just 2 ints in 7games

A lot of articles I looked at had us at 7-8 wins finishing about 4th-5th in the conference

did you look at those predications… they had us losing to usf and temple… projected 3win teams… we were down on the team not that down…

almost everyone here had rice, grambling, uconn, temple, usf, ecu, navy as wins - thats 7mins
then had tech, tulsa and tulane as toss up
and smu and memphis are likely to lose games, but that neither were that great that we couldn’t beat them

I wish him well too ! I think he did his best for UH and then left for greener grass (not) .
Go Coogs !

1 Like

So realistic he would’ve had to play like somebody else to get to the draft. Wins alone won’t do it.

Vegas had us at 8.

1 Like

like “somebody else” is pushing it…with this schedule noteable stats at the start of preseason wasnt an unrealistic ask of him… like 35-8 is about average for a qb on a 9-10+ win team (3tds, and a little less than 1 int a game) tune stats are surprisingly bad for our record…

At the 45 second mark, that throw to Marquez was thing of beauty. It was even better watching it develop at the stadium. The patience and the throw, hitting Marquez in stride, :hugs:

1 Like

yes, and that isnt a max of 8 wins… and saying most here (were most have cougar glasses) had a max of 8 isnt what happened… im not high on houston and i had 9…

ACL injury at Houston.
ACL injury at Miami.
Shoulder injury at Miami.

The League will take a pass on him. Too injury prone to invest money in. Kid needs to look at new career.

It is obviously a down year for QBs and the NFL falls in love with subpar QBs all the time, but i thought it was strange when you said Tune could be a draft pick.

I think you guys have different definitions of High on Houston and realizing any team can win. Thinking UH is good doesnt mean road games on short weeks don’t effect things

if we could hit a refresh/restart button and could start the season over, i would still say the same thing, that he can play his way into the draft…he has measurements, athleticism …just needed the stats… coastal carolina, liberty and nevada all have qbs proejcted in the 1st 3 rounds…but its too late now, he started the season too slow with not many games left to turn it around

He will never sniff the NFL…He’s no Murray