KU next domino?

I don’t know. Aren’t we talking about the same conference that added Rutgers?

They added Rutgers and Maryland because the piece of the cable revenue scooped up by Fox and ESPN was substantial. NY, NJ, and DC area. Enough to admit two schools with miserable followings. Conversely, Kansas or ISU can’t deliver on that.

1 Like

I grew up in New Jersey until I was 14. I never met anyone that follows the university of Rutgers. I knew lots of people that follow Villanova.

1 Like

They added TCU and they already had penetrated the Dallas Fort Worth market. That’s a bunch of bull!

4 Likes

What does George Jones have to do with anything?

1 Like

You are right that the ACC schools will not be raided right now, but it is a certainty that the ACC will be raided in about 10-15 years…IF…the ACC does not renegotiate their TV contract and get more revenue. This is why I have thought that the MOST LIKELY conference to expand is the ACC…then followed by the PAC. The ACC DESPERATELY NEEDS to trigger a renegotiation of its TV deal…the only way to do that is expansion…now I’m hearing that WVU doesn’t add value and frankly I don’t believe that, but even if it were true it would NOT MATTER. The ACC doesn’t have a lack of value problem…they have densely populated markets on the east coast that is vastly underpaid…if the tv contract could be renegotiated right now WITHOUT expansion the ACC would get paid…but they need an expansion to trigger. Now if ESPN really does want the Big 12 to disband then those evil maggots need to give some big 12 schools like WVU an incentive to vote to disband…the only thing that would “move the needle” for WVU to vote to disband, would be if WVU were invited to the ACC and if the ACC received fair market value for its TV contract. The same thing seems relatively true for the PAC…they need more TV revenue, and the Pac contract is up in 2024…if I were ESPN would suggest a package of 4 schools that could expand the PAC, get votes to disband the Big 12, and would increase Pac 12 revenue. Now maybe the pig feces at ESPN just enjoys paying 150 million dollars into an utterly worthless Longwhore network…if so, that is there choice, but if I were ESPN I’d be trying to influence WVU to the ACC and 3 Big 12 schools into the PAC. They might have to pay a little more for the ACC and PAC contracts but would save 150 million dollars on the Longwhore network…I absolutely do NOT see the B1G expanding.

So would Rutgers

I’m sorry but yes, the Big 12 had 6 freaking Texas schools in the conference…it like suggesting a Kardashian needs to add a little more @$$. Houston didn’t fit in the Big 12 because they are Texas trying to get into a Texas league…but everything that worked against Houston getting into the Big 12 would work for them being added to the Pac 12

This!

I’m not one of the wackos (I say that in jest because we all have our opinions) who think the big 12 is afraid of us.

But UT and Oklahoma definitely already had the dfw cable subscription market before adding tcu.

Adding us wouldn’t have increased their income, but their excuse falls into lying.

1 Like

Now they are down to tcu, baylor and Tech so they need to recapture Houston bc the number of people watching b12 in Houston will fall dramatically unless Houston is added. In 2016 that wasn’t the case.

2 Likes

With the departure of Oklahoma and Texas, the Big 12-4 will be losing 50 % of those TV sets in the Houston market…That argument is no longer valid. We should be attractive to any conference other than the SEC.

5 Likes

I was speaking of why Houston wasn’t invited to the Big 12, 2 years ago. Now Houston might be very attractive to the Big 12 right now but I assume from what I read here on this site that most Houston fans wouldn’t want to be in the Big 12 now, and I also personally believe that Houston might be in play to be invited to the PAC 12

1 Like

I find it ironic that all things mentioned by WVU here about WVU and the ACC has a renegotiating for expansion? I remember those triggers and what happened. You don’t think the ACC remembers? Not real hard to see a threat of expansion gets everyone a pay bump to keep it extra mouths to feed, it worked before I’m sure it will work again.

Market duplication? ACC has Pitt, Louisville, and VaTech in the area that isn’t exactly booming in population growth. Been there too. Unfortunately, I think you’ve been relegated to the land of expendability with us. Based on the current landscape collect those major paychecks and stash as much as you can from them. The big checks are probably going away. But hey in a few years after things are settled I could really use an early September conference game have to sync up with Gauley releases that’d be a pretty sweet weekend for me.

WVU fan, thanks… you are quite correct that WVU is a natural fit for the ACC…Get your allies in the ACC to help…and talk to ESPN…If ESPN decides WVU needs to go to ACC, then they can make it happen…Notre Dame is a virtual 15th member…WVU would be a nice 16th…All Big 12 schools are going to need a home…The natural home for WVU is the ACC…I am glad to read that yall have initiated talks with ACC …If THEY are interested enough to talk, that means ESPN is interested enough to listen…
BEST of LUCK!! and remember…what people say about WVU and market or academics or anything else means NOTHING…it is only important what ESPN thinks…THEY make the decisions on things like this…

1 Like

It came down to Leipold vs Bielema for the Illinois job and then Buffalo got out coached for the 2nd time in 3 years in the MAC Championship.

Liepold gets the Kansas job. (he was allegedly runner up at Vandy)

Kansas just started fundraising for a football facility overhaul @ 3 years before covid. So far, just the locker rooms are done.

They put that B12 $ into academics and research and they may never see similar $. Its going to be tough.

The rest of the B12 at least got facilities out of the UT/OU gravy train.

I saw comments that Baylor will have to give up on new hoop arena and that they still owe $ on the stadium.

Was it paying out lawsuits/legal fees ? How could they still have that stadium debt?

New fluorescent yellow gear and solid gold helmets every single week gets really expensive.

1 Like

This OU & UT-A move to the SEC has tectonically shifted the Houston tv market. The big12 tv market share in Houston will be obscenely gutted. The remaining members need to find markets fast and this explains Bowlsby’s hasty flight to California to plead with the pac-12 for their markets.

Now that UT is not available, if the pac-12 expands west , it need UH to establish a foothold in Houston. It’s not going to happen via Lubbock, Waco or Stillwater.

The reason is infrastructure. The future of streaming is in 5G and Internet of thing (IOT) and UH is smack in the middle of a mega metropolis. Essentially, UH is positioned well for future conference expansion.

Every non SEC major conference seeking to enter the Houston including the big10 will need UH to compete against the SEC here.

The AAC vision of a mega metropolis markets was spot on. They conference is just a little late to the game

2 Likes

the b12 never had had more than 4 Texas schools at any one time. tcu was added when atm left for the sec

2 Likes

If KU takes ND as its partner, then Boog Coog could be right with the ACC opening.

TCU was in the Big 12 when Houston was under consideration a couple of years ago…it doesn’t matter if TCU was added when A&M left. When Houston was being considered the Big 12 conference was Texas centric…Houston didn’t bring much to that version of the Big 12…today they would, and IMHO I think Houston will get a PAC invite if the PAC does expand.

1 Like