KU next domino?

ND Home Opener Exclusively Streamed on Peacock

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1422966030683492355

1 Like

It already is. Peacok is NBC. NBC streaming that is. rodent+ is the rodent network.
The new PAC12 commissioner made it a point that streaming is the future…meaning the present.
This is the perfect time for amazon to enter the other market that they do not currently have…college football.

Whatever Kansas lacks in football they make up with basketball.

Plus, here’s the kicker, from what I’m hearing about their new FB coach, they may not be doormats forever.

1 Like

You are correct JohnnyCougar. I do see their program greatly improve this season.

No faith in Bielema?

1 Like

KU football. 7th place or bust!!

One other thing is NBC is shutting down NBCSN at the end of the year. They do have a Peacock premium service which costs.

Will we start seeing games on Paramount +? I think it’s only a matter of time before we see a lot more games on ESPN +, Paramount +, Peacock Premium, not to mention Amazon Prime and fewer games on regular cable. To be honest, I’m surprised Fox has bolstered its FS1 and FS2 product. I’m sure they’ve probably goth their own streaming service, ready to go for sports. .

1 Like

The commish’s are meeting Tuesday …

Bowlsby states its strictly a meeting for “scheduling” possibilities for now … the merger is pure conjecture on the writers part.

The Pac12 commish would need his prez’s to approve any “merger” talk …

If the Pac12 is not ever taking BYU … then TCU and Baylor are out of the picture … hello Sunbelt conf for them …

Kansas makes all the backwood ozark schools look like Bama … football-wise … so no to them

Cincy and WVa are too Far East … they might as well be in the Norwegian league …

TT KanSt and OkSt are left … plus one more to make a pod …

He’ll have to prove himself in order to make a believer out of me!

One could argue that Bielema succeeded at Whiskey with Alvarez’ recruits, then took the money and Bombed at Arky…
What has he done to convince anyone that KU will be 6-5 in year 4 ???
Don’t see it.

1 Like

Bielema =Illinois.

Leipold = Kansas

My bad…
But still don’t see it😃

1 Like

Leipold’s record at Whitewater is what put him on the map …

His time at Buffalo was above average with winning records …

Now he is at the worse university that has broken two former HC winners into has-beens …

I don’t doubt Leipold has the skills … but that area has limited recruiting talent …

A lot of rolling farm land everywhere which probably makes the desolate tumbleweed jackrabbit Lubbock area look like a recruiting Mecca …

Or so the huskers at Nebraska complain … they desperately want back into the Texas region but can’t find a way …

If Leipold can turn some mediocre recruits into winners then the football world will be impressed … otherwise … he could be destined to join the other two has-beens and become has been #3

1 Like

Wonder if ND hurts their exposure by only streaming on Peacock. I would not sign up for it to watch ND play. Kind of like some of UT games were on LHN and people could not either get the network or did not want to pay for it. Helped with dollars, but not the brand.

1 Like

(This is FAKE)
Some clown used Bruce Feldman’s name to put this up earlier.
It was all over via word of mouth and message boards.

Many thought it was real and rejoiced (KU, ISU) or cried (the other 6 of the Irate 8).
-Feldman eventually got the twitter account deleted after a few hours.

I understand Kansas has a great basketball program.

I still don’t think Kansas goes to the Big Ten.

2 Likes

Mangino turned them into Top 10. It can be done

1 Like

That’s a great sales pitch.

Then why havent they? Because Big 12 isnt even OFFERING right now…They are paralyzed without a contract to sell…and WILL be, until situation changes…and it NEVER changes unless ESPN wants it to…

1 Like

Bowlsby in the tx senate hearing stated that the reason UH wasn’t added to the big 12 was because the Houston market was already penetrated by the big 12. What was his exact wording relating to the actual fractional return on the dollar that UH would bring to the BIG12 .

edited it’s answered in this post

Yes Baylor and tech owned the Houston market muhahaha

2 Likes