Kyle Allen on the Panthers

Moved to #2 QB for Panthers this Sunday.
Good for him.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of bad QBs playing in the league. Not sure how some of these guys make it.

1 Like

Geez!!! I don’t think I’ve seen one positive or supportive post for you. Why the negativity?

4 Likes

He was the wrong kind of qbs for our offense. The kid has talent. Good for him.

10 Likes

his success is our success…great recruiting tool

1 Like

I am happy for him. Kyle was a good kid and is a good QB, he just didn’t fit our team at the time. We had an extremely pourous OL and we really needed a running QB just to survive and Kyle was a pro type pocket QB. I wish him all the success in the world.

10 Likes

Very well said all three of you. He is extremely talented but unfortunately just did not fit with our offense. But one can beg the question if any of our quarterbacks did because Brian Johnson was obviously not a good OC. I think King just excelled in it because of his ability to improv.

For Kyle, just the simple fact of how he handled himself with class I support this kid 100%. He lost his starting job but he was still out there being supportive of all his teammates, he never pouted, he never said anything about our school, etc. Best of luck to him.

8 Likes

It’s one thing to be in a bad system but Kyle Allen just plain old suck at UH. I don’t remember him having one good game, and he was given plenty of chances. I don’t think most of our fan base considers him a Cougar, but an Aggie reject.

1 Like

Anyone that chooses to come here, represent, and be proud of attending UH is someone I call a cougar. This despising of him by our fan base is ridiculous.

10 Likes

He had a decent game against Arizona, which was his first game playing in over a year. He played good against Rice setting a completion record against them. Then he played bad against Texas Tech and then the plug was pulled.

Postman got more of a chance than he did and Postma could only improv so much. Then entered King.

3 QBs in one season without injury. I’d say our offense sucked. Also our defense actually looked better because our offense was so bad.

3 Likes

It wasn’t decent. He was bad as an Aggie and a Cougar.

Progs and you please re-read what I posted. I never said he was good. I said he wasn’t a good fit and that I supported him 100% because I felt like he was a class act.

Progs said that he sucked and never had one good game. I stated facts that he played decent against Arizona, which was his first game in over a year. He had a good game against Rice which was encouraging to a lot of people. Then he played against Texas Tech and at that point we knew he wasn’t our quarterback.

I stated nothing other than that so let’s not start a disagreement about something I didn’t even say.

2 Likes

He proves to be a good practice player. Yet to be good when the lights are on

Rice. He was fantastic.

4 Likes

He had at least one good game where he broke an NCAA record for highest completion percentage with more than 40 (or something) attempts.

1 Like

He set a record for completion percentage against Rice. So there is your one good game Progs

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1075820969665662977

2 Likes

The Redskins signed and played Mark Sanchez…in a regular season game! The Bucs can’t decide between Winston and Fitzpatrick. The Panthers are starting Taylor Heinicke!!

The Jaguars, Jets, Dolphins, 49ers, Bills all have trash QBs and have been trash for quite sometime.

Luckily Mayfield, Mahomes, and Jackson look to be bright spots in the future because Brady is 41, Brees is 39 and will be 40 in a month, Aaron Rodgers is the baby at 35. They’ve been the 3 top and biggest faces of the game for sometime. The comment wasn’t on Allen specifically but the league as a whole.

He did have that one good game against a very weak Rice team.

But he was unimpressive otherwise.

That said, it’s always good to see a Coog “make it” in the pros.

2 Likes

peyton manning in his prime would have looked horrible in the dual threat offense we ran 2 years ago…

the magic in that offense is the threat of the qb running to create passing lanes…kyle never ran…peyton wouldnt have either…

people saying kyle sucked at a&m, he looked better than kyler murray at a&m, kyler just won the heisman in year 1 at a different school…
kyle’s down fall was that he picked school on coaches he liked on not teams that fit his style…he is a pro style qb who never played in a prostyle offense in college

5 Likes