Larry Scott’s future on the line!

It pretty clearly doesn’t exist. I can’t believe this is still being debated or that someone is taking something written on a message board as truth. It’s a really weird hill to die on.

This is a textbook example of hearsay.

Sorry Monte but the jury of your peers (coogfans), have ruled against you for the lack of evidence presented on this board.

If Texas leaves the Big XII-4+2 and wants to bring a partner it would likely be Kansas. With that said, no other P5 would allow UT to dictate their terms or influence the conference to allow them a separate media package for LHN. UT controls things now. They aren’t going anywhere, and as long as UT is a member UofH won’t be invited to the club.

OU isn’t going anywhere without OSU. The Sooners and Pokes are a package deal. This is a friendly rivalry like a family feud ending in bedlam. OU’s President David Boren while Governor established OSU’s veterinary school. OSU’s President Burns Hargis got his law degree from OU.

It’s not quite Oklahoma law, but if OU wants to leave for an athletic conference sans OSU, the Governor decides if that is beneficial to the state. The answer is no. This won’t happen.

1 Like

Ahh, I miss the Post. I would buy the Post and Chronicle to read on my way to UH. Those were the good old days when you had to wait another day if games were played too late.

Clarification: Vet school at OSU was established in 1948, while the Vet Med Hospital was started by Boren in 1981…
Our vet here in Houston is my age (in his 60s), so I knew this wasn’t correct…

But I agree with you in that OU/OSU are politically inseparable. They do not have the $$$$ that TU and GagEm have to achieve separation…and Boren is still a JackAss.

1 Like

I do too; that newspaper caused me to be late for work for years, because I insisted on reading all the sports stories before leaving for work, and then being delayed further by freight trains, which insisted on running through the main part of the city during rush hour.

Helped to have a tolerant boss too, I might add!

1 Like

I used to work with a guy at Brown & Root who was more than an hour or two late every day. But he worked late to make up for it. The lead engineer asked him if there was some reason he couldn’t make it in by 8:00. He answered it was impossible for him to get in by 8:00. Lead engineer asked why. He replied, (and this is word for word), “Hell Ted, I don’t even get up until after 8:00.”

Because he was the best controls guy in the city, he got away with it. Bill Huebner was just one of the colorful guys I’ve had the pleasure to work with in my career.

Fortnite is free.

THAT - is exactly the story of my work life! I was always a bit late, but never by an hour or two; and I was always the last to leave the office. Sometimes worked for hours after closing time - literally!

1 Like

As long as UT is in the Big 12 we are not getting in. They learned their lesson last time they let us into their conference.

1 Like