Latest on big12 divisions

The Baptist and the Sand Aggies….it’s going to be a rude awakening……all their worst fears of what would happen if UH was ever in a P5 are about to come true…. And there’s not a damn thing they can do to stop it….
for all you guys that have been through the UH dark ages….the light is near and it’s gonna be a helluva lot of fun.

13 Likes

Sit back and think about it. Have you ever in your life of sports fandom (most of us 20+ years - some maybe even 50+ years) heard a group of conference mates openly protest the addition of a prospective candidate school?
And, by their open admission, they said emphatically “because it will elevate them.”

I’m gonna hazard a guess you haven’t. And while the rider of “recruiting” was always attached to the protest as cover the theme was always, “they’ll get better.”
The fact is its an insidious hatred of UH that goes back deeply to our success in the SWC and the theme that we never should have been there to begin with. It will be delicious…nay, Heavenly, to hammer them into submission. Because now they’re trapped in the cage with us and no one can save them. Not Deloss Dodds. Not Del Conte. Not Grant Teaff. Not even RC Slocum or Mack Rhoades. Tech, Baylor and TCU gonna get their #% whipped.

13 Likes

I take that more as a sign of conference dysfunction. Other conferences know that they should strive to create the best conference possible (however defined), or should at least pretend that to be the case. The Big 12… hasn’t. Since Texas was the biggest offender here (they worried about the elevation of teams already in the conference!), I’m hoping that changes with their departure (there are some positive indications). It’s one of my bigger concerns.

2 Likes

Yes, yes and yes this why I hope, hope and hope that the BIG12 will indeed be a Power Conference when these media contracts are signed and delivered.
Football is king in Texas. Isn’t highly ironic how so many have tried to keep us down?

“Big 12 prides itself on having a round-robin schedule matrix. That will be impossible in the post-realignment era, but each member institution will cycle through the entire conference in three years in a 2-6 model with a pair of permanent opponents and six rotating opponents. Here are the permanent rivals for that format:”

I sent the 2-6 idea to AD Rhodes at Baylor. It looks like they went with it. Where is my cut for the idea?

Houston will not accept ANY scheduling plan where we DONT play TCU, Baylor and Tech every year…with 9 conference games every year, it is a perfectly reasonable demand…Rivalries are certainly going to be taken into account when they do this…

Those teams have a longer rivalry with each other and the existing members than they have with us. We may end up in a division with few Texas teams.

1 Like

This piece is just a suggestion, and it’s not even a good one.

The suggested permanent rivalries are especially bad.

UCF and Oklahoma State as permanent rivals? What?

Sic’em asked BYU guy the two schools they were most looking forward to playing and he said Baylor and TCU, and so this puts them against… K-State and Iowa State?

Did they use a dart board to decide this or something?

My preference is now Pod+1. Four sets of three pods and then one rivalry outside of that pod. Everyone else you get 6 seasons out of every 8.

As previously mentioned, my pods are:
TCU-BYU-Baylor (TCU/Baylor are rivals, Baylor/BYU seem jazzed, BYU-TCU have history)
UH-TT-OKST (Big state schools in Texas-OK)
UCF-UC-WVU (Eastern time zone)
KU-KSU-ISU (Longtime Big 8 rivals)

Our Plus-One would likely be UCF, Baylor, or TCU.

3 Likes

lolololololololololololol

we’ll accept whatever the Hell they come up with

13 Likes

There’s a non-zero chance we get severed from the other Texas schools completely in terms of permanent rivals. It would be stupid and is not likely, but it’s possible (especially if they do three pods of four). More concerned about avoiding that than insisting we get to play TCU every year.

1 Like

We will start playing in the Big XII next season and we are already complaining? Of course we are. smh

2 Likes

The 2023 schedule will include Baylor, TT, TCU and probably BYU.
Not sure if rice is in that schedule.
UT may a little trickier but they could be on it as well.

If it works out with ut we just need to schedule a&m, Arkansas and SMU to complete the old SWC reunion.

Maybe it’ll come true if he CAPITALIZES some more words. After all, we are demanding it.

2 Likes

Lol

The idea that we were going to makes demands at the B12 made me spit Kool-Aid on the screen.

We’re little over a year away from having the governor intercede on our behalf to get in the damn conference and we’re gonna turn around and demand to make our own schedule?!

Lololololololololololololol

5 Likes

Yeah, we take what they say. Playing any big12 team is good. We’d be excited to play any of them if we were still stuck in the aac and we get them at home. Tech was our big exciting game last yr.

1 Like

I just want to relax and be one of the guys for a change.(in terms of p5 and conference stuff) I’m tired of asking Tilman to raise Hell on my behalf. Lets just chill and be happy for our good fortune and those tenacious enough to have delivered it to us.
If you think about it all we (UH) ever wanted was respect and to be relevant. Well, we have it.

5 Likes

No we wont! And our AD says so…When league goes to a 9 game conference schedule, if they dont have divisions, schools will have 3 rivals they play every year…Our 3 will be TCU, Baylor and Tech…

Our AD said we won’t join the Big 12 unless we play the other Texas schools within our division yearly?

1 Like

We’re joining

2 Likes