LB Zamar Kirven enters the transfer portal

3 Likes

Thanks forgot about outline, I’m so used to incognito working for me

1 Like

So this finally went to trial. Surprised he didnt take a plea deal to avoid risking the death penalty.

Edit- Nvm theyre not seeking the death penalty. They did offer a chance for parole after 30 years but he rejected it.

Put him under the jail.

That was quick. Kirven found guilty in only an hour and a half.

Sad. Wasted life.

2 Likes

Sometimes the only structure in a kid’s life is football. When that’s taken away, the spiral down can be immediate

5 Likes

Sometimes hallucinogens can trigger mental health crises in people who are already predisposed to schizophrenia and similar diseases. Wonder if that’s what happened here. He obviously sounds unreasonably paranoid. Drugs and guns (and crazy) are not a good mix.

2 Likes

University life isn’t for everyone.

Why not transfer to a juco and learn a trade?

1 Like

I have a good friend who unfortunately had a short stint in prison. He said almost all of the people in there were high on something when they committed their crimes.

1 Like

One of the reasons that my DA’s office prosecutes drugs so aggressively is because we know that drugs often lead to a wide variety of other crimes.

3 Likes

Not being on the inside, my observation is that CDH wants the best for his players. If that means second chances, that is CDH’s call. At some point though, you need to enforce discipline and the culture of the program, otherwise you lose the respect of the team. Cutting a player loose from the program is a last resort and CDH knows the consequences.

Nebraska HOF Coach Tom Osborne gave star player Lawrence Phillips numerous chances, stating “I felt the only thing I could put in a place that would keep him on track was football, because that was probably the only consistent organizing factor in his life.”

Phillips’ problems continued throughout his life and was sentence to 25 years in prison for assaulting a former girlfriend. While in prison, he was charged with first degree murder of his cellmate. Phillips committed suicide in prison.

Football coaches know there is a fine line based on the culture of the team and an individual’s behavior. My point being that the decision to cut a player loose is not taken lightly.

You can say drugs were the issue but when you’re sending someone else to the stand to take credit for your murders you have more than a drug issue.

2 Likes

yea that didnt exactly work out as planned either
surprised his attny allowed that unless it will be used on appeal as a defense to poor representation

either way just sad this guy could not figure it out to take advantage of the opportunity UH presented to him and his family

This is why legalization is a bad idea.

1 Like