Let's revisit the makeup of this team

He retired due to concussions and I can tell you I remember a game where he got mauled a few times and afterward he never looked the same. I honestly think his backward development was truly a brain thing.

2 Likes

Not going to say who is better. I do not know. But there are “practice” players, and “game day” players.
The best situation is being able to motivate the game day to practice hard.

1 Like

When you’re operating with another staff’s players its not always easy. We were a better roster when Levine was fired than when Applewhite was fired. You can make the case that Levine out-under-achieved Applewhite. Not because of W’s and L’s but because of talent-to-results.

A good hypoyhetical argument would be who would do better with the other’s first-year roster, Herman or Holgorsen? Would there even be a difference?

1 Like

Geez 7 picks? Why wasnt he yanked from the game after the 4th?

You would have had to understand that season.

2 Likes

Nick Eddy.

Edit:

Dang it. Beat me to it. He was just not good.

Because the only other QB had a broken wrist.

1 Like

No receiver or defensive backs that played qb in high school? Glad I didnt watch or follow UH football in the late 90s and early 2000s

1 Like

Wasn’t it Eddy’s mom that posted on the board for awhile? That got uncomfortable if I remember correctly. They were from California?

1 Like

Yeah. Awkward.

It was a painful experience on the field but the best tailgating ever imo.

1 Like

I went to every home game and many away games during that period; I enjoyed the good plays and ignored the bad plays. Life was better that way. Yes, Nick had a really bad game or two, but he also had some good play as well. But those bad games were truly a team effort.

His mother did post on the board and I met her several times at the tailgates. Nice lady.

1 Like