Looking ahead to 22-23

Lofton has more overall skills than Gardner. With what we know we have coming in and coming back, he would turn us into a true nightmare for other teams to matchup with

1 Like

With the way both Roberts and Chaney get after the boards i wouldnt mind going small with them alternating at the 5

2 Likes

Roberts and Chaney will definitely be our Centers next season until Sampson signs a Transfer.

But will he? Sampson made The Final Four with Grisham and Chaney.

Roberts and Chaney, alternating, are better than Grisham/Chaney.

We will see.

2 Likes

i said earlier that its hard to say i don’t want a dominant post scorer but carltons size was a significant part of how we were able to overcome the injuries 
like looking back at the wichita game (who has a 6’8 center)
 our means to beat them was just throwing the ball really high where only carlton could get it and Carlton tossing it in

we finally get size only to have the teams potential cut short by injuries, to go back to being small in the post

but this is me just stating my preference before anything is official or done, if he does enter the portal and we do land him im not going to pretend like we didnt just land a 17 and 10 big man, ut still hoping for a 6’10+ option

3 Likes

Just got back from San Antonio very disappointed and sad but I can’t wait until next year.

3 Likes

When does Jarace and Terrence get on campus?

Freshman usually get here in June I think

One thing I’m looking forward to is seeing CKS have the ability to go small again next year with a lot of different combinations

4 Likes

I heard a rumor from Eduardo Andres cousin that he is considering us seriously. Hope he comes but I will believe it when I see it.

1 Like

Roberts is an amazing rebounder with how important CKS feels that part of the game is he is not going anywhere.

1 Like

Eduardo Andre would be perfect. He played in Dallas before a prep year in Arizona then to Nebraska. An athletic 6’ 11 250 with upside. Hasn’t started but been their first big off bench.he would be a sophomore

Agree. Always love to add good players, but not sure why people sleep on Roberts and Francis.

1 Like

Roberts played better against Villanova than did Carlton, Chaney, or White.

He looks like our starter for next season.

3 Likes

You think he will start over Walker?

ill get some slack for this but roberts has serious work to do in the offseason regarding his offense

i know many are hoping the 3ball from him gets introduced (as did i)
 but he is such a poor FT shooter (they correlate), he likely isnt close to gorham or fabian as a shooter
 but the offseason is there if he dedicates himself
 his defense and rebounding are obviously already great

also i want to point out, that people never account for the type of defense players are receiving
every time Carlton touches the ball he is harrased in double teams, fabian is shadowed by elite defensive wings and forwards
 and roberts defenders main goal is to play help on defending carlton 
 its not hard for roberts to look better in certain games
 but that doesnt necessarily mean they were better

7 Likes

I see Roberts as our Gorham. Our Center.

Gorham played the 4, Chaney was our 5 last year (with Gresham off the bench).

Roberts is a 4

4 Likes

Robert’s is a much different player than Gorham.
Gorham had a jump shot and was relentless on the Boards. Robert’s has no jump shot but defends very well and is just as good on the Boards. He certainly showed it against Alabama but wasn’t consistent all year: What they both bring to the table is much different. I would honestly take Gorham anyday over Roberts. That is of course my opinion

1 Like

just a random thought i just had

it is so amazing that we have a “program” and not occasional great teams

we just lost a very winnable game for a final 4 and most of us are already over it a day later, because we all believe we’ll be back

29 Likes

^^^ This! I started talking about how excited I was for next season about half way through this one. A lot of that was because I never dreamed this team would lose its top 2 scorers and just narrowly miss a 2nd consecutive Final Four. This year has shown me we can reasonably expect greatness every year. That has me downright giddy about the trajectory of this “program.”

2 Likes