Looking ahead to 22-23

Id be surprised if he transferred unless Arkansas gave him an enormous bag last night.

Either he stays or goes pro imo

2 Likes

Does anyone know much about the 6-11, 240 pound center at Utah River Valley? He is supposed to be a beast

He’s good, unfortunately it looks like a bunch of blue bloods are after him.

2 Likes

Utah Valley center Fardaws Aimaq. If Big Oscar leaves Kentucky, i could see Aimaq going there.

If he goes to Kentucky, then we will know he is interested in immediate gratification ($$$$) and not improving his game !

I have no clue, but the rumor is out there that he could. Unfortunately.

1 Like

Why? Tshiebwe had a fantastic season there.

3 Likes

I don’t know that Quanas would go anywhere. I certainly haven’t heard anything so don’t read anything thing into that.

But when you’re hot people take notice. Its very clear at this point Sampson and his staff know what they’re doing. There are probably dozens of smaller colleges that would love to have a piece of that competence running their program.

Everything is changing with the portal. Kids don’t go places to sit and improve. Coaches don’t sign a kid thinking he’ll be ready to plug in three years from
Now. They can go to the portal and get immediate help. Pressure is more and more on coaches to win now.

BTW Sampson will be nearing 67 next year. He isn’t thinking long term now either, he needs 101 wins to get to 800, That would put him 70 approx. the final 4 is in Houston next year. Sampson is thinking next year IMHO. These next two years we have a great opportunity. He will get what he thinks we must have in the portal this next month or so.

As George Thorn once told the athletic Department
. We need to hurray, I don’t even buy green bananas anymore. Sampson will be looking for ripe bananas.

4 Likes

Sampson is great. This squad was great despite the players lost to injury. Stay the course.

3 Likes

If Lofton comes, we could, realistically, have 3-5 guys drafted in 2023.

Jarace Walker
Marcus Sasser
Kenneth Lofton
Jamal Shead
One of Arceneaux or Mark (don’t see it as likely, but you never know. Both could show out next season).

Insanity. Best team Sampson has had at Houston. And May be the most talented squad he has ever had.

And that is why I could see Sampson bringing in high ceiling transfers (like a Williamson) and letting them sit a year. We could be replacing our entire 2022-2023 starting lineup for 2023-2024.

6 Likes

I don’t know anything about Lofton. If he came here, would he essentially be a replacement for Fabian?

He would be our 5. Jarace Walker at the 4.

Lofton is so intriguing to me. Watched a few of his games against higher level competition. He dominated. It seemed as the competition got better, he got better. He may be a little short, doesn’t matter. Dude just bullies people.

A Sampson type of player. And he can put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. Has some great moves around the basket.

I really like his game.

3 Likes

He’s not even in the portal at this moment. #Speculation

2 Likes

Haha. Major speculation. But after what Pesik posted the other day, I’m all in on him being here. Lol

1 Like

Good to see you n pesik getting tight! :grin::smiley:

Seeing that offense would be night and day compared to the showing against Villanova lmao

lofton willl never be drafted
he is like jayden gardner
 there will be some talks because of his production but no one is looking for 6’6 post bully in the league who isnt that athletic

2 Likes

I’m almost there with you. I think it would be doubtful. But definitely could see a team take a chance on him if they’re drafting in the back half of the second round.

And I actually think he moves really well at his size.

Which is one of the reasons why he was dominating against the better competition he faced.