Looking at the film, some thing we need to correct fast

We’ve complained about the incompetence of AAC refs for years. Why did any of you think last Saturday’s refs were going to be different?

Situation normal.

The crew was B12. That’s what CBS said, anyway.

2 Likes

Thk you for that. I knew it wasn’t #9.

The first pass was incomplete and took 5 second. 18 second was left to move from the 25 yard line to kick the field goal. This is bad defense. No time out left, we were lucky to win this game.

1 Like

If you look at the UTSA vs UAB game, our game was very similar. USTA won that game at the end.

And they were lucky to tie - twice.

Doesn’t matter now.

1 Like

Just watched the end of regulation again. UTSA had play stopped like 5-6 times for their injured players on our last drive. Seems a little much.

5 Likes

We scored 17 straight in the last quarter and would have been 21 if we hadn’t settled. Thabo got some valuable reps and played alright. He isn’t supposed to be Owens but one thing getting lost because of the last drive is how well the entire defense played in the last quarter.

1 Like

The DL was just running on the field late and wasn’t going to make it so he flopped before the play. On one like that I wish the refs would just let the play happen. If he needs to stop for injury he can call a timeout.

2 Likes

To me, you know an “injury” is fake when they hop up and walk nonchalantly to the sidelines. If you’re truly hurt, you go off with the trainer and find out what’s up…I didn’t believe half of those injury timeouts.

12 Likes

That was me booing and calling out “Graham.”

That’s my thought. If you get to the sideline and just walk away from the trainer then it was probably fake.

1 Like

For those who don’t have time to rewatch the whole game

2 Likes

So many blatant holds. The 2 most egregious in my mind were the one mentioned above where Mutin got tackled from behind right before tackling Harris at the goal line. This one was particularly bad because the ref in the end zone is staring right at it when it happens.

And the one below where DA gets tackled by his jersey as Harris escapes.

2 Likes

They were out of time outs and gassed. Better team won.

If you get injured to the point you can’t leave the field, there should be a rule saying you can’t come back in that series. I hadn’t seen flopping like that since the Keenum era.

We might be the ones pulling it this game

I have said this from the beginning. As an athlete I never stayed down on the field to where trainers needed to evaluate me if I was good enough to get to my feet and run off. Nothing that insignificant would keep me on the ground.

2 Likes

I think most coaches are telling players to stay down if they have any type of injury. Running off the field disadvantages your team when they can’t substitute quickly enough.

That’s not what UTSA was doing, but if the refs won’t stop play to let a player hop off the field, it doesn’t make sense to try.

It was a tough game in a hostile environment and UH won when it looked like we were trying to give them the game and they didn’t want it. UH plays Tech Saturday.