Madame President headed to Austin to get Permanent Funds

It will be great to get UH into the AAU sponsored PR campaigns.
For example:

“The video, as well as text-based versions of it, will appear on social media, public affairs television shows in New York State, and prominent digital news websites such as The New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal and Times Union throughout May and June.”

About 60% of federal research dollars goes to AAU schools. John Hopkins gets about $2.5 billion per year from the federal government.

1 Like

We should ALL be leaving something to UH in our wills…even if it is a little.

If you are on a UH fan forum, i count you as someone who cares about UH’s future

7 Likes

Well said!

Technically you are correct but does a dictatorship with a constitution make it a “real” constitution?
Example:
http://www.npc.gov.cn/zgrdw/englishnpc/Constitution/2007-11/15/content_1372963.htm

Not trying to be arrogant but TT doesn’t even come close to the needs of UH with our main campus and satellite schools. I don’t really care what they call the funding if it is part of the “PUF”, whatever that really means.
As long as we get substantial funding from the state I am good with it. That to go with the boost in exposure we are about to get from the Big 12 will take UH to another level.

Didn’t go through all the representatives, but BU, TCU, and SMU would more than double the support from just UH.

The Senate is a different story - 31 senators, 4 with BU ties, 1 TCU, is a notable block of power.

Khator might leave UH in the next three years.

She just got appointment to another board. PNC bank

Why would she leave in 3 years from being on the board

She’s not leaving.shes retiring here.

3 Likes

She doesn’t leave before the centennial in ‘27 and imo not before 2028/2029 either which would mark her 20th year at the helm. She’s thoroughly transformed the university and campus. Her legacy as chancellor is already secured but she’s on the cusp of becoming legendary.

12 Likes

Heard from a department faculty connected to another department.

We need her till 2028 and then she can do whatever she wants!!!

2 Likes

She can’t leave period.

1 Like

Technically Texas Southern was founded to be a segregated UT with matching programs - folks did their best to deny certain professional schools, etc so they can sue

2 Likes