Major Applewhite Officially Fired

We need a known name to be the coach

Im sorry but i dont want a G5 coach who is just working his way up the ladder

Officially a great day

2 Likes

I really like Major personally. Iā€™m very saddened his tenure ended up so short.

Thanks for the four years you put the UH hat on coach!

9 Likes

At least we are in the news again that helps.

5 Likes

It played a part in the decision. UH would not have been able to find a decent OC or DC knowing that Major would have started the 2019 season on the hot seat. Briles leaving sealed the dealā€¦in addition to a tough bowl loss and mediocre season. IMO if Briles would have stayed the university would have given CMA one more year. My point is that Briles is garbage. Zero loyalty.

3 Likes

Briles saw the writting on the wall. He might be going down with applewhite next year if they had a bad season.

2 Likes

This is what happens when you have a brutal defense and a Cadillac offense. The DC gets fired and the OC upgrades positions. Same team. You canā€™t make this stuff up. Iā€™m sick of us being lopsided no matter who we get next. 2015 was a great year mostly because of our defense and Greg Ward being Superman. But primarily the defense.

2 Likes

Kev agent working it for another raiseā€¦love him or hate him, the man can coachā€¦whats the saying ā€œyou are what your record says you areā€

1 Like

His name is Vic Vinegar for crying out loud. I doubt itā€™s true. Anyone heard of this guy or is he just a made up persona?

I wish we can bring him back and can his ass at the airport

1 Like

Oh noā€¦sorryā€¦NO NO TO KEVIN SUMLIN!!!

HELL NO!!!

I had more than enough of Sumlin the last time.

2 Likes

Dana Holgersonā€¦come on down!

2 Likes

The Sumlin rumor is funny. But but butā€¦Kevā€¦the recruits wonā€™t open your letters if from UH.

Sumlin will likely never get past hooking his success to Mazzone [aka The QB Killer].

OKAY, but just know that your reputation is on the line.

CMA changed his twitter pic lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachApplewhite

1 Like

What a beautiful family. I can certainly see putting their photo on his Twitter page.

2 Likes

A good fella, but he hired poorly. Poor DCs and took a risk on Briles that blew up on him and the university.

CEOs have to hire and retain talent, while setting cultural expectations for the organization. I donā€™t think he did either of those well.

Best of luck to a good man who had a lot to do with our successes going back to Herman.

2 Likes

Funny, I heard the opposite from a Dallas area coach who said CMA was a total jerk. Iā€™ve been in a happy hour thing with CMA and he seems similar to many other coaches. He doesnā€™t really go out of his way to meet the masses but heā€™s not a outward jerk either. Maybe like Ray McCallum in person but more personable. :slight_smile: Briles was pretty chillā€¦country. Sumlin never seemed like he wanted to be here.

We BOOā€™D him off the field. It will be a cold day in hell when he is back in our RED & WHITE!

2 Likes