Marcus Jones

He will play on Sundays…very special talent

8 Likes

That’s a given. Right now, the question is which round he’s drafted. Second or third?

But he’s making a late push for that first round selection.

7 Likes

I’m all in he should be AAC POY.

11 Likes

He’s a special player but his size could be a problem at the next level. I didn’t realize he is 5’8.

2 Likes

They were saying last week on tv he will probably be a slot CB in the NFL. The thing that helps him is being a elite PR/KR its going to help whatever team gets him save a roster spot. Thats a big deal for teams because they hate wasting a spot on a guy who is only a returner.

3 Likes

As a safety he is decent … as a CB he still needs some work … Memphis was putting their best WR on him and it was iffy at times … fortunately for us the Memphis QB kept over throwing or hurrying his passes.

He had two INTs and several pass deflections.

Great game!

4 Likes

We have had a lot of great Coogs but he is definitely on the list of great Coogs. Probably in the top 5 Coogs in the 2000’s. Is he better than Case and Greg Ward Jr? Maybe.

1 Like

For those who didn’t see the TV broadcast last night, they did a video montage of Jones highlights simultaneous with mirrored versions of those by Charles Woodson. So there’s a high level having reached to be considered in that company.

4 Likes

And for all of you Andre Ware haters, he was probably responsible for having that video compilation…
Just sayin…

2 Likes

His one handed interception was #6 on the top 10

2 Likes

It’s hard listening to Andre broadcast UH games.

3 Likes

CDH on MJ……

https://twitter.com/jdm2186/status/1461942237596684288?s=21

2 Likes

And this from John Lopez….

https://twitter.com/lopezonsports/status/1462049709007294474?s=21

19 Likes

And he’s absolutely right.

4 Likes

I really like that CDH told them to “write it.”

He wasn’t being a jerk about it, but I took it as him saying, “It’s your job to report on the action, so report it. You see it, write it, then the casual fans and other media will take note.”

It was almost like a “Why are you asking me if my guy should be a contender? You know how good he is. Why aren’t you guys doing your job reporting?”

That’s how I took it, anyway.

3 Likes

Why not Jones? In a season with no clear Heisman front runner, Marcus is without a doubt putting together as good a season as among the very elite. And at two two spots. Easily the #1return man in the land. But Heisman winners usually have a season long PR campaign promoting them and keeping them in the radar of the sportswriters who have a vote. Im just afraid that the Marcus Jones bandwagon is getting a late jump.

Memphis went after him a lot last night with their taller receivers. Thought he held well.
And oh yeah, no one is going to let him return a kickoff on purpose lol

7 Likes

To me, he’s a Heisman contender and Paul Hornung award shoo-in!

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/status/1461936744874405890?s=20

10 Likes