Marcus Sasser and Kenny Lofton Jr. invited to the draft combine

https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1526757388426133504?t=Fawc3zmNXkhTmItMvZZxaw&s=19

1 Like

So torn. As much as I want both of these guys on the roster for our National Championship run, I’m happy for them being one step closer to achieving their lifelong dreams.

2 Likes

When is the NBA camp taking place?

right now; mostly measurements, interviews and drills today… scrimmages start tomorrow

1 Like

Okay so they are done by the end of the weekend.

My guess is that there is 80% chance Sasser will not be coming back. Good for him though

I had to google who Kenny Lofton Jr was , why is he on the tittle?

2 Likes

80% is super high, he said he wanted a 1st round guarantee… he isnt seen as a 1st round by anyone yet… a lot is still to be decided

and you are completely new to te basketball side arent you lol… lofton is seen a top 10 transfer and almost every major insider in college basketball thinks if he decides to come back he will come to houston… he is the reason the transfer thread is like 3000 posts long

6 Likes

I’m torn too but I feel proud that Marcus has a potential NBA opportunity and can set himself up for life.

That’s kinda what happens with elite basketball programs. You get elite players that develop into pro prospects.

1 Like

Thanks! I do not follow the transfer stuff too closely.

2 Likes

Oh good, a spin-off thread…… I name thee thread….Joanie Loves Chachi.

Not much production value but it does have the 5k mega thread “Happy Days”.

1 Like

tittle. lolololol

1 Like

Yeah, we’re going to lose Sasser. He is playing really well and opening eyes. Hey, we pretty much didn’t have him last year and we were awesome.

2 Likes

I know Sasser is a unique talent but he’s a small guard that is not a proven point guard yet and that’s the only way I see him becoming a 1st round pick.

It’s going to be a task to jump from G League camp to a 1st round pick but anything is possible and Sampson definitely recruits players with a chip on their shoulder…

I say he comes back and tries to work on creating opportunities for other players and work his way next year to a 15-30 pick like Grimes. He needs to follow the Grimes path and not Armoni’s.

Same with Lofton, too small of a Forward to be a high pick unless he works on his outside shooting game.

Sasser should be back and there is not much to choose from for Lofton regarding contending teams left that are in need of a center that can help work on his defense.

And I agree, it seems Caleb Murphy is on ice until the Sasser situation plays out …

2 Likes

the beauty of this is the short wait, by this time tomorrow the decision will likely be clear as day (Assuming he still wants 1st round)… the draft exposure built from the combine scrimmages will be the defining factor as it was with the gleague

2 Likes

Oh no, I will not be able to sleep tonight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the time Coach Bishop is done with Lofton he won’t have any tittle at all!

From what I heard from the camp, he was outstanding. Good luck Marcus, we’d love to have you back.

1 Like

who replaces Sasser 3 point shooting?

We got lots of 3 point shooters. What we need is some 3 point makers !

7 Likes

Kenneth Lofton!!!

1 Like