Matt Rhule Hired

Leipold’s buyout was 4.5 million yesterday. Bet it’s closer to 45 million now.

I think you are referring to UT fans . Nebraska has fans that show up
No matter the record or weather .

Just saw Rhule is close to a deal with Nebraska scroll on the bottom of the screen.

Was yesterday 6 years ago that Herman to LSU scrolled on the bottom of the screen

I didn’t watch TV that day.

If Rhule does go to Nebraska, I hope he succeeds. What a passionate fan base. A good Nebraska make the B1G more interesting.

1 Like

I want the B10 to implode

1 Like

Ain’t happening Sonny.

So what. I couldn’t care less about Nebraska getting good.

2 Likes

Official. Rhule to Nebraska.

Same.

Also: Not sure there is any school whose people hate the Big 12 as much as theirs.

Rhule is a solid coach. He will go 7-5 to 9-3 each year, with an occasional 10 win season. Honestly, at this point, that is probably the best Nebraska can hope for.

1 Like

If Rhule can recruit to Temple, he can recruit to Nebraska.

He was at Temple. He did not have to play PSU, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, OSU, Purdue, Iowa, MSU, and now USC and UCLA on a regular basis.

Not comparable. Honestly if he can get 7-9 wins a season with that schedule, that should be considered a success.

He also didn’t have a full stadium, facilities, NIL etc. If you are going to hold the negatives against him, you have to account for the positive differences as well.

It reminds me of how people used to say that Case put up big numbers “against C-USA level opposition”. True, but he did so with C-USA level O-Line, backs, receivers, etc. Two sides to that coin.

Exactly. The question is the school relative to the conference they play in. How competitive should Temple be in the AAC? How competitive in the Big Ten should Nebraska be? I think winning the Big Ten at Nebraska is harder than winning the AAC at Temple, but getting 10-win seasons should be comparable or maybe even a little easier.

1 Like

Temple couldn’t even dominate the MAC. Rhule did amazing things at Temple. Put them in the AAC championship game. Produced multiple! NFL players. Where they are now is much more indicative of their long-term level of success.

EDIT: To be clear, I agree with your post. Just inserted the quote for emphasis.

The only caveat is that he continued what Al Golden had started. But yes he took them to the next level in a tougher environment.

That’s nice. Scott Frost also had those things, plus he was a former football hero at UNL. He also had more success at UCF than Rhule had at Temple, so you could argue he was better at all those things than Rhule was.

Look, Rhule is a good coach and I think he will do well. However, the idea that he will be winning 10 games every season or competing for natties is not realistic. That is why I said 7-9 wins a season.

I don’t think Bo Pelini’s performance is an impossible standard to meet. Frost’s failure will always remain a mystery to me. It’s possible that his success at UCF was less than meets the eye (while he took over a program that was winless before he got there it was a program that was three seasons away from winning the Fiesta Bowl) or it was just One Of Those Things.

But I don’t think that makes 9-10 win seasons with the occasional breakout season an unattainable goal. And I think Rhule’s resume as a fixer and overperformer is probably better suited to the project than Frost’s was.