Memphis getting huge NIL Deal. Congratulations Tigers

From FedEx.

5 Likes

Now they just need a coach

5 Likes

Good for them. I like their blue.

1 Like

Exactly.

Until they get a new coach nothing else matters.

Thats a lot of money. I’d be pissed if i was a shareholder.

8 Likes

$5 million a year spread across football, mens and women’s bball and other sports.

1 Like

Is calling them the wildcats a joke I’m not getting?

Lol

One of the administrators did that, so I changed it back. Don’t know why, I had intentionally misspelled Memphis.

1 Like

You people went Mudcat

1 Like

Wow this is BIG because its only from Fedex. Imagine boosters and companies around Memphis.

Fedex has money because they slave their workers. At least UPS gave their workers a nice bump in pay.

4 Likes

Nothing has changed except it is on the top of the table now.

5 Likes

Probably comes from their marketing budget. They are just choosing it to use to advertise wirh the local college

Same as with a Houston area Fortune 500 using NIL $ to advertise wirh UH.

The fact we are talking about FedEx…is the whole reasib why they did it.

The founder of FedEx is basically Memphis’ version of Tilman. So this is really nothing new. FedEx money is what got them a BE invite back in the day. Didn’t work with the B12 tho lol

Might be less than what was under the table. Penny didn’t get all top recruits cuz he can coach.

I’d be pissed because its a bad investment in advertising. Spending $125 per memphis alumni and god knows if the athletes will do a single commercial.
$25 mill could get you some real advertising and a lot broader base.

1 Like

25 mil but they can’t build their own basketball arena on campus…update the Liberty bowl? If they are….ignore my comment.

So this is why FedEx costs so much more than UPS.

2 Likes

If you are an investor and you didn’t know the University of Memphis and FedEx are tied at the hip then you didn’t do your due diligence in researching a company you invested in.

Same wirh Nike shareholders if they announce a NIL deal with Oregon or North Carolina…that should surprised no one.

In fact, FedEx offered money to the Big 12 to try to get Memphis into the conference.

I thought this was common knowledge

Huge for Memphis.