Memphis has some real

I know right! This is a bad loss, no teams are going to go undefeated but you shouldn’t lose by 20 and be down the whole game like today

Yes but they are not ranked #9 bcoz of those guys. Duran and Evan are the reason why everyone is excited about Memphis. And that is overrated. In our case, CKS will make sure that the game is managed by the names I mentioned. That is not the case for Memphis.

After watching Memphis last two games (vs Va Tech and Iowa St):

• Run lots of iso and screen and roll but not much movement without ball… Iowa State put on a clinic with off ball movement
  • No real PG which isn’t going to work against decent defenses game after game… 20+ TOs on consistent basis is like us not getting ORs
  • Nolley started season on bench… he needs more shots and Bates and the two short guards need less.
  • D. Williams is their only hustler and he has low self control and easy to draw into foul trouble

22 TURNOVERS

Agreed Sampson ideal teams are strong at ball handling. Sasser and Shead can break a press this season. Fabian is smart and experienced he’s become an excellent big man who can pass at the half court line and bail you out. What was really hilarious was when a team would try to press us with Galen, Corey, and Rob on the floor. Yeah OK. We’d run them off the court.

How the hell did they get an SEC schedule like that?

1 Like

Auditioning for a return to the NIT.

Need a solid Memphis squad. We need to bolster our resume any way we can.

1 Like

I’ve watched them the last few days, they’re not there yet. They look like an AAU team just dribble around Iso with a bunch of tall kids with no muscle. Jmo.

1 Like

They do miss Boogie Ellis a bit.

2 Likes

Good riddance Memphis…they’ve only been good when they overtly cheated…even with (and especially) Calipari. If I had a vote, they would NEVER be added to the Big 12. I’m sure Larry Brown will get the team to improve throughout the season, but could not care less about anyone not heading to the Big 12. Cinci has a proven commodity at coach. BYU is going to be straight fire…

Not sure about UCF, but hey, they can be our Vanderbilt…

3 Likes

I enjoy a weekend trip to Memphis. I love Elvis and Graceland. I love a night on Beale street, especially after a win.

But I could care less about the Memphis Tigers except for the memories of PSJ taking down the Memphis State Tigers!

1 Like

Their excuse last year was that they didn’t have Williams at the beginning of the season. Well, they’ve got him now at the beginning of this one.

After giving up 78 now you should claim sarcasm