Memphis

That was freaking hilarious :joy::joy::joy:

The “Cat Fight”

1 Like

Maryland cares about two sports, basketball and lacrosse. Wait till Md starts being good again and you will see how obnoxious their fanbase is.

I got my masters at Maryland and have multiple family members that are alumni. They are a sleeping giant of obnoxious fans.

4 Likes

8,397 season tickets sold – the fewest of Penny Hardaway’s five seasons as coach.
A year-over-year decrease of 2,913 (or, 25.7%)
14,144 was the most under Penny.

Top 3 crowds:
Houston (13,302), Ole Miss (10,720), Tulane (8,824),

1 Like

Gary Parrish, on a podcast recently said Tubby Smith drove attendance numbers down to about 3K per game while at Memphis

Maybe some embellishment. But Parrish knows Memphis basketball. They stunk under Tubby. Penny with his recruiting ability, at least they’re interesting.

161st in KenPom his final yr

The Mudcats are a rolling production company. Its all theatre. I will never consider them an historic rival nor will I ever admit we were in a conference with them.

4 Likes

They are not excited to be left in the conference and can no longer depend on our game to boost their attendance numbers or save their season.

4 Likes

Memphis fans thinking only FAU & UVA the huge draws next year.

AAC hoop except basically FAU & Memphis could stink.
FAU beefing up the schedule. Memphis should ask in.
This would bring a good crowd in Memphis.

So tired of all these faux delineations like “mid-major.”

3 Likes

I would have to admit that Memphis has been our top rival in the AAC, but they were being pushed really hard for that spot by Cincinnati.

That speaks more to the quality of the AAC than the quality of Memphis.

2 Likes

Yormark says he never talked to anyone in Memphis

2 Likes

Sad March Madness GIF by Basketball Madness

5 Likes

David Tennant Tiger GIF by BBC America

13 Likes

Take it to the bank, if the man said he hadn’t talked or been on Memphis campus. His credibility is not worth losing over Memphis. Too many bigger fish to fry and add…

3 Likes

Memphis is the gift that keeps on giving

2 Likes

The content really writes itself

2 Likes

I mean… he could have visited the football stadium they rent from the city of Memphis for football games and still not have technically been on campus.

More likely is that he was visiting looking into corporate sponsorships for the Mexico bowl game. He gets a decent sponsor and it could be a big deal bowl game.