Memphis

My face is red from my NIT repeat post

2 Likes

They play Alabama on Tuesday. Quick turnaround

The Commercial Appeal is dropping ten megaton truth bombs. I guess they are a big city paper.

Alright this is getting to the point where their train wreck will start to mess with our aspirations. We need them at least respectable so wins against them boost us up. Can’t have everybody besides us in our conference crapping the bed.

4 Likes

Dang, Memphis isn’t going to give us a quality win if we beat them.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

https://twitter.com/munzly/status/1469514964838793217

6 Likes

Who do you think broke it?

A. DeAndre Williams

B. Emoni Bates

C. Jalen Duren

D. Rasheed Wallace.

2 Likes

Wow. Murray State 8-1 but they have played mostly cupcakes like Cumberland, Bellarmine, Campellville. The loss was to East Tenn.

Oh the pain !

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/board/59481/Contents/looking-forward-to-hear-what-penny-says-in-the-post-game-presser-177992101/?page=1

https://247sports.com/college/memphis/board/59481/Contents/whens-the-last-time-we-lost-4-in-a-row-177992018/?page=1

Time to self impose a post season ban?

We just lost at home to Murray ******* State

We will not make the tournament

Lets Keep Clyde Drexler out of it !
Clyde Drexler

I watched the 1st half tonight and Penny played 11 players. You can’t do that. This ain’t football.

If Coach Sampson was running this team it would be an 8-9 rotation.

Starters:
1.Quinones
2.Nolley
3.Emoni Bates
4.DeAndre Williams
5. Jalen Duren

Bench:
6. Tyler Harris
7. Malcolm Dandridge
8. Earl Timberlake

That’s it. 8 man rotation.

If Penny is promising recruits minutes and then changing his mind mid season. That’s wrong. He’s had alot of transfers recently which shows that players don’t trust him

Alex Lomax, Penny’s son, Josh Minot and others shouldn’t be getting PT

https://twitter.com/NolleyLanders/status/1469523794012295168?t=XkekaZl8B3dC509lYv-2tw&s=19

3 Likes

From the Memphis message board, comparing Penny Hardaway to Clyde Drexler.

2 Likes

6 Likes

For fans of FICTION only.

@ 2:30 “Where do you guys go from here ?”
Penny just laughs.

If Coach Sampson told Javier Francis, “Hey man, come to UH. You’ll play big minutes as a Freshman”.

If Francis doesn’t get “big minutes” then he’s pissed.

If Francis did get 15-20 minutes of play time, guess who’s ticked off? Reggie Chaney, Jwan Roberts.

Roberts has been here for 3 years. Reggie was here for the Final Four run last season

If a freshman came in and started taking their minutes, they’d rightly feel that maybe they should look elsewhere

That is essentially what happened with Memphis

2 Likes

*Earl Timberlake, transferred in

*Jalen Duren comes in

*Emoni Bates comes in

*Tyler Harris transfers back to Memphis

*Alex Lomax, who was hurt for most of last season, returns this season

So guess who’s play time is suffering:
*Lester Quinones
*DeAndre Williams
*Malcolm Dandridge
*Landers Nolley

Guys that won the NIT last season. Memphis is screwed

1 Like

How the (blank) do you let Tyler Harris transfer back to Memphis? :laughing:

Imagine if Caleb Mills did that?

“Hey guys, I’m leaving. I’m going to Florida State. Adios. Oh sh*t. My coach got fired. Hey Coach Sampson, can I come back to UH and get big minutes? Sure, Caleb. Come on back.”

Never in a million years would that happen. But Penny did that with Tyler Harris.

Smh

Wow it must suck to be a Memphis fan this year. 6-6 football. Left out of the Big 12. Your hometown hero coach is failing to win games with an insanely talented team. Question. Has a coach ever failed to make the NCAAT twice in their career with the #1 recruiting class? Penny is done. I’d feel bad for Memphis if they weren’t so toxic. If their basketball continues to slide, they can kiss any thoughts of a future Big 12 goodbye.

3 Likes

I still wouldn’t be surprised if they gave us a game.

5 Likes

Definitely possible, but after they drop their next 2 they’ll be 5-6 and losers of 6 straight. By that point I’d expect some names to hit the portal. Frankly that might be the best thing for them.

2 Likes

In regards to Memphis

9 Likes