Men's Golf Team

Have you all seen the competition we are playing currently in La.?

and we are getting smoked by Central Arkansas amongst other powerhouses?

Good grief!!!

3 Likes

1 Like

So how many years of mediocrity are we going for ?

2 Likes

Not pretty, but a lot more respectable…

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could interest Fred Couples to head up the golf program. He could possibly bring excitement and impact similar to Deion Sanders at Colorado.

Coach Boom Boom.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Freddie that excited. Win, lose, tie….always has that “Aw shucks, I’m just happy to play “ look. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Give me a break. We lost by 2. Event was there to pad W/L record.

And Fred Couples? How more out of touch could we get?

If mediocrity is winning the last AAC conference championship, I’ll take it.

You’ll see how much work we have to do when we show up to B12 Match Play out at Houston Oaks in a few weeks.

Wasn’t referring to one event. I was referring to the abysmal state of the program.

1 Like

So your solution is to hire a 63 year old? Lol. Couples could care less about UH golf. And it’s been that way for 40 years.

My post implies wishful thinking. If Fred wouldn’t be interested, that settles it.

Who do you want to replace Dismuke, or do you want to remain status quo?

1 Like

Why is Wake Forest hosting a tourney in Illinois?

1 Like

I get it, Funk. Makes no sense.

Houston co-hosts Cabo Collegiate with Arkansas due to connections. Best guess is same with Wake. Probably a strong alumni connection.

Course is ranked #1 in Illinois FWIW.

1 Like

I don’t want Diz replaced. What I want is a healthy budget and a commitment from the school to men’s golf.

There’s few out there better than Diz IMO. He’s turned around the program (whether you want to believe it or not). When he took over, the program was so downtrodden, he had to choose between playing an event or buying the team shorts. He chose playing an event so the team wore pants the entire year.

3 Likes

What happened the final day? We went +12. It looked like we were poised to get to top 3.

One of our players had a very bad day and went +9. Not much support from the rest of the team. Too bad it wasn’t a two day tournament.

2 Likes

Nice start for the Women today.

Freshman Maelynn Kim leads Coogs and tied for 2nd with 66… Sophomore Moa Svedenskiold tied for 4th with 67

1 Like

Wow

1 Like

US looking like hot garbage in the Ryder.

Will 3Amigos please give us an update on what’s going on?

2 Likes