MHP!

Different offense, different team, different coaching, more experience, same results?

C’mon.

Understood but I want to see other plays than these. He is on our Team that’s what matters. I can’t wait for the competition.

The BIG12 is an entirely different level. I am looking for a tall/big RT and more/deepest possible OL depth. You/we all know this games are won at the line of scrimmage be offense or defense. This is where Georgia and bama excel every season or so.

It would shock me if the Tech transfer isn’t #1 at the end of Spring.

After all, he’s the only QB on the roster with P5 starting experience, including a win over UT. He’s also the biggest.

Difficult to imagine anyone else beating him out, but stranger things have happened.

We all remember Kyle Allen!

2 Likes

Do not discount so quickly Mr. Coley. He has been in our system for more than a season now. Competition make athletes better. This is far from a foregone conclusion.

Looking at what we currently have on the roster, I’m pulling or Coley.

1 Like

I’ve heard nobody spins the ball like Coley. What that means in a game is another thing but I’ve been told by people who would know, Coley throws the ball extremely well.

2 Likes

Yeah. Georgia’s equivalent to those schools are Buford, Grayson, Colquitt County, Carrollton, Dacula and Warner Robins to name a few.

You’re selling me. The story writes itself. Smaller town private Christian prep school in God’s country of Georgia making the trek to oil town Houston for a good job like so many Southern men have done through the decades all the way to New York as a Heisman candidate.

I want to believe!

1 Like

Why do you think Tulane and Arky St. were his only other D-1 offers?

You compared him to Patrick Mahomes and Drew Breese……And stated he is UH’s best QB right now.

You decided that off of a highlight video?

• I know but I think way too many coog fans are selling our O line short. our o line had 2 all conference first players. That’s no little thing even in the AAC. This league had cincy and UCF who were ranked for a good amount of time this year, smu and ECU who were ranked top 35 in offense. And Tulane who beat USC in a NY6 bowl. Yet UH had the best LT and LG in the conference. And I keep bringing up this stat but UH lead the nation in clean pocket TDs with 33!! That means your o line was blocking like crazy in pass game

• I think a lot of coog fans would be really surprised at what offers our starting o line would get if they hit the portal. Paul, Cam, Freeman, Tyler, would get a lot of p5 offers if they hit the portal. By many schools y’all would consider better than us. The only real question on our o line is RT that’s been the weak side. But everybody else is getting better each year. I would not count out Lance Robinson he was a true freshman and true sophomore and has played 25 games. He is young and will get better. Garth and Unije will also have a chance to step in at RT.

• Don’t get me wrong out O line can 100% get better especially in the run game. But you can tell by the way the staff was recruiting they feel good about the other positions but they really wanted an upgrade at RT to solidify this O line. For the first time we will have all 5 o lineman back and they will all be upper class men

2 Likes

Lucas Coley

HIGH SCHOOL: Rated a four-star prospect by ESPN and a three-star prospect by 247Sports and Rivals … Rated the No. 9 dual threat quarterback in the country by ESPN … Ranked the No. 59 player in Texas by ESPN … Played quarterback for head coach John Bachman at Cornerstone Christian High School … Led the Warriors to a 10-1 record as a senior … In 10 games as a senior, threw for 1,100-plus yards, 13 touchdowns and one interception with almost 500 rushing yards and 11 scores … In his senior year, totaled five touchdowns against Frisco Legacy Christian, completing 9-of-15 passes for 171 yards and two touchdowns, while added 95 yards on the ground and three touchdowns … Accounted for over 3,000 yards of total offense and 30 touchdowns in his junior season for a 7-3 Cornerstone Christian team … CHOSE ARKANSAS OVER: Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Illinois, Louisville, Houston, Yale, Vanderbilt and others.

2018: Played at Converse Judson as a sophomore

2 Likes

I do like your inputs and as I have written before having even more OT talent will be a major plus for us. The physical difference between the AAC and BIG12 is substantial especially on a weekly basis. There is going to be a major adjustment for us. CDH and his recruiting is trying to nullify it the best way he can. Hence getting another massive OT. You are 100% correct I too want to see additional recruiting on our DL. Again the line of scrimmage always give us the answer of who will win the game.

1 Like

Considering he has a Drew Brees poster over his bed(seen during an interview) and he that side arm accurate pass going the other way like Mahomish…after he learning curve. It will be his job to lose

I love his recruiting profile. He impressed me in all facets of his game. His touch, vision seems outstanding from these highlights. What impressed me the most were his reads and decision making. IMO he is a STAR in the making.

Most QB’s struggle with passes on the run…he seems to excel understand pressure while running. Tells me he does need a perfect blocking scheme …can make plays unscripted. I see thst as his next level curve …but at least i can work with those tools

Sorry, but you honestly don’t know what you’re talking about.

Best of luck to all of our QB’s……may the best one win.

You realize a highlight film shows “ Highlights” right?

1 Like

Also, I heard Coley had a Joe Montana poster above his bed and Smith had Lamar Jackson poster……competition will be fierce!

2 Likes

I would like to see some lowlights videos put together. I am sure all these kids would look completely inept.