MHP!

Just think he has more potential to tap into.

They have them
.the kids see them every week after the previous games

But that’s not what you said

if you said you think he has the highest ceiling or most potential that’s cool

But you said multiple times he is the best UH QB and the job is his to lose.

You have two guys in front of him that are older with experience that on the first depth chart will be in front of him.

Who knows, maybe he turns out like the kid at Tulane or Kolb
.but right now he is not the best QB on the team.

Small school private football in Georgia is light years away from D-1 football, let alone Big 12 football.

Smith will not ever get drafted. His pro comparison is Davis Webb and Tyron Huntley. He may start off of seniority because that exists. He used fuel and gas to get here. So they will use him. Coley is the starter based on experience not potential. And I stand by If McMickle learns the playbook soon and get acclimated with the speed of the game
then I perceive from his tools he is the best QB. Football is more mental than physical in some cases.

Ok Boss.

You are so all over the place it’s crazy

who said anything about being drafted?

You came out and said he was the best QB on the team

you watched some highlights and think you are a better judge of talent than the rest of the free world.

You still didn’t answer my question

why did he not get more D1 offers?

I have nothing against the kid and hope he does well at UH but you are over hyping this kid like he is the next “Mahomes” or “Breese”
. Based off video?

Give me a break.

Smith has just as many interceptions than touchdowns. But he is big and can run
 probably nice kid too. You ever noticed when your expected to win rather then you just happen to win. Smith is a bridge QB

So now the Big 12 is the same competition as little private school football?! :joy: you are delusional.

I predict he will not make the two deep chart anytime next year. Hope he sticks around though, love his placement on passes.

Getting offers are just that. There are many players who fly under the radar. Not have alot of offers. I would say private school level of competition he was going against. So he has to prove with better athletes he gets better. NFL teams draft busts all the time. Same with scholarship players.

1 Like

No but he threw his receivers open. Similar to what a NFL QB who has a nice arm and confidence would do. And even some struggle. McMickle almost whole highlight was full of tight windows
give him Matthew Golden or Joshua Cobb
and Alton
Smith or Coley do not throw receivers open. They need to be open for most part. Especially Smith.

Lol.

Donovan Smith has the highest ceiling in the QB room. And it is not even close.

2 Likes

D. Smith interceptions will almost match his Passing Touchdowns if not exceed. He will get goaline carries. Tysom Hill is how we should use him

No, we should not use him like Taysom Hill.

1 Like

If Smith starts it will not look good for our prolific receiving core. It’s never good when you lose your starting job and get it back based on injuries or bad QB play
he will be an NFL journey man. Third year in college. When will it show in college?

Yes, but he was protected by, and throwing to, players equivalent to the competition. That’s kind of like saying a 1 or 2A QB can’t be as good as a 5 or 6A QB because of the competition not being as stout. A good QB is a good QB. The kid looks to be a real find to me.

3 Likes

It’s no need to start a QB who will eventually get benched because he throws disrespectful ill-advised ints

These takes about the QBs are highly entertaining.

5 Likes

Disrespectful interceptions?

5 Likes

Sure. Haven’t you heard of QBs getting benched for dissing football? :dotted_line_face:

4 Likes

Why are some of you dismissing one for another? Let the competition begin. This is not a video game. The only thing we know for sure is that Mr. Coley has been in our system for one season. Not only does he know the playbook but he has already practiced with our offense.
Would CDH and Dawson want to streamline the offense? By the way I would not be surprised if they do so. That lessen the learning curve. This is where IMO we have to greatly improve on the physical side.

1 Like