Mills and possible ranking

Nobody handled a #15 ranked team in a hostile environment and spanked them hard

5 Likes

The real question with this win…Did we secure a number 1 seed come tourney time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: ?

3 Likes

This will be viewed as a neutral site game, and that is good enough.
3 wins
1 a double digit win over a respectable BSU team.
A second double digit win over a higher ranked opponent away from home
Yeah I expect to move ahead of a number of teams who didn’t play or hasn’t beaten anyone that matters.

https://twitter.com/samblum3/status/1333265116536639491?s=21

5 Likes

Wowsers.

1 Like

4 might be a bit high of a rise…but I love the recognition.

7 Likes

Are these guys that actually have a vote in the AP polls? When do the polls come out?

Rothstein has us at 13 and Texas Tech at 16.

1 Like

Sounds right. And there aren’t many people who follow closer and constantly praises Sampson more than Jon

4 Likes

Seeing a lot of the AP voters putting Houston in the top #10 so far

1 Like

The only thing that kept that game close yesterday was ticky-tac fouls in the 2nd half. We should’ve won by 25 points… Top 10 team for sure.

3 Likes

We are a top 10 team. We deserve it.

With our schedule I can envision rising into the top four only because we won’t lose.

Then I kind of envision getting a 2 seed even though we are ranked in the top 4 because of our schedule.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be shocked if the ankle pain he’s feeling is related to growing pains

2 Likes

College Basketball Ranking Composite has us #6. Two polls rank us #3.

https://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

2 Likes

When do they update the rankings? Tuesday?

I think you are selling Tech short. The Red Raiders are meshing together a new group of really good athletes and will be salty down the line. And besides, what good would it do to win by 25 points over a team you might face in the tournament?
That said, a good win yesterday and we raised a few eyebrows…but now we move on and take care of business…we have a lot of games left…

4 Likes

The beauty of the basketball season.

1 Like

I know our guys could use some rest after 3 games in 5 days, but man it sucks to have to wait almost a full week to have the joy of watching this team play again.

6 Likes

ESPN+ Power rankings has us at #7 this week.

7. Houston Cougars (3-0)
Previous ranking: 21
This week: vs. South Carolina (Saturday)

I was high on Houston entering the season, and seeing the Cougars dismantle a deep and talented Texas Tech in the first half on Sunday night guaranteed they would rise up the rankings. The Cougars forced turnovers, took advantage of mistakes and then used their experience and defense to overcome a long scoring drought to end the game. Kelvin Sampson has an elite perimeter group – but freshman Tramon Mark coming off the bench to contribute in all three games was good to see.

10 Likes

Yeah heck we didn’t have a FG for the last 12 minutes. Solid FT shooting and continued hustle

Peavy is gonna be real good for TT. Hope they can beat Baylor and Texas in conference.

1 Like