Mills and possible ranking

10!

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1333456370687938560?s=20

11 Likes

How in the name of Hell did CREIGHTON come in ahead of us?

Still, it’s good to be in the top 10.

My grad school alma mater (Illinois) is #5 and has a shot at #2 Baylor on Wednesday.

2 Likes

We have another chance to jump this week if we take care of business lots of top 10 match ups and a couple of top 10 teams playing ranked teams. Baylor plays Gonzaga and Illinois this week probably going to lose both

Don’t sell Baylor short…very good team.

2 Likes

Houston is ranked #10 in the AP rankings.

3 Likes

3 lowest voters have UH at #18. Donald Hunt has us at #18 and TT #6. I would have guessed he had his votes set before yesterday’s games, but he dropped Kentucky. So he’s just an idiot. At least the other 2 that have us at 18 have us ahead of TT

4 Likes

2 Likes

Go coogs go!!

You guys earned it.

This team can be REALLY good.

Wouldn’t want to see the coogs on my side of the bracket.

2 Likes

Dude had Tech ranked #10 in Preseason poll. So he moved Tech up four spots for losing?

He had UH unranked in Preseason, so I guess he “rewarded” us for beating “#6 Tech”???

Definite idiot of the week. I don’t like calling people idiots, I’m sure this guy is no dummy. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say “misguided and uninformed voter of the week”. Stonedest voter of the week? “Distracted by housebound kids” voter of the week?

:question: :question: :question:

4 Likes

Houston’s jump from 17 to 10 in AP poll was the largest leap of any team in the country this week. The Cougars can win in so many ways, and it’s hard to beat good defense and rebounding. The Cougars hit the boards after every shot and contest nearly every rebound. A winning formula.

4 Likes

It’s also easier to be consistent with defense and rebounding than with shooting.

2 Likes

Shooting has been way better this year than last and now we have more guys to throw out there if some guys are struggling. But the waves of guys we can throw out there defensively is awesome!

2 Likes

This! The Bears are big and talented and play in one of the toughest conferences in the nation

1 Like

2nd biggest. VA Tech went from unranked (not receiving any votes) to 16th
Richmond also went from unraned to 19

You are correct sir…it doesn’t matter now, only in Feb.
Don’t let team read about how good they are!

GO COOGS!!

Somehow we actually dropped 2 spots in one guy’s poll.

Three double-digit wins did not impress Ken Weinman (105.7 The Fan Baltimore), who dropped UH from No. 13 in his preseason ballot to No. 15 this week.

1 Like

You expect something different from a northeasterner :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Bookmark it!

1 Like

Breaking down Top 25 teams by conference:

Big Ten: 6
ACC: 5
Big 12: 5
Big East: 2
Pac-12: 2
SEC: 2
AAC: 1
Atlantic 10: 1
West Coast: 1

IF the Big12 had added Houston, they would be considered THE basketball powerhouse conference of the country.

1 Like

That knucklehead is quite likely a Maryland alumnus who still remembers watching Lefty Drissell’s Terrapins get their arse kicked by the then freshly coined “Phi Slama Jama” UH hoops team at the Summit in Houston, Texas during the NCAA tourney in the 1982-83 season. (I seem to recall hearing Lefty stomp his shoes on the court - temper tantrum like - to attract the ref’s attention at the Summit.)

Good times…we’re coming back! PSJ…now maybe —> Beta Defenda Rebounda?

1 Like