MLB Trade deadline deals & rumors 2023

Figure i start this for us MLB fans.
Lucas Giolito to the Angel’s… done deal.
They’re all in at this point

Edit: 2 top prospects headed to ChiSox

2 Likes

They also got Reynaldo Lopez which would have been a nice BP for us.

The catcher Quero is not having a good year and neither is the pitcher Bush.

Good trade by the Angels, they sold high IMO.

1 Like

The clock is ticking on Brown.

1 Like

Indeed. He talked big at his presser the other day. Gonna see if he walks the walk.

1 Like

Agreed. Query was never going to play for us in the bigs. O’hoppe is a much better catching prospect anyway and he should be healthy here pretty soon. Giolito isn’t a world beater but he’s at least a guy who you could trust to pitch in a potential playoff series. I’m reasonably happy with the move.

1 Like
3 Likes

So talks of an extension for Jordan Hicks broke down between he and the Cardinals.

Let’s bring the kid home!

Another Abreu in the pen would be nice.

1 Like

Bored AF with no game tonight….

Been scouring Baseball-Reference this afternoon….

Alex Cobb has been “tossing diamonds” this season….pretty team friendly contract and has a team option for next year so it would not be a pure rental.

He would be exactly the kind of guy you would want for one year next year….we have so many rotation questions and guys not starting at season’s beginning.

IP-115

H-106

BB-28

K-100

ERA-2.97

WHIP-1.349

2 Likes

Git er dun

1 Like

Isn’t he w the Giants still. Wouldn’t think they would be in Sale mode? JV keeps getting rumored to San Fran!

2 Likes

SF is only 3 gms behind the LAD. They’re the #1 seeded WC. So why would they be trading Cobb?

1 Like

Yep. Plus they have plenty of $$ leftover due to not signing Correa !! :smile::smiley:

1 Like

That will go down as one of the weirdest Boras stories.

I don’t know.

MLB trade rumors said that all of the Giants starters with the exception of Webb were possible trade fodder….but you guys are the experts.

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticMLB/status/1684770807027785729?t=IV7xusH8zgz1zJEKN1QfBw&s=19

David Robertson

One of the top Relievers this year. Headed to Marlins

This would also indicate that JV or Schertzer might be made available. According to 2 sources, the Rangers & Astros are interested in acquiring Verlander.

Wondering why SF would trade Cobb given where they sit in the standings equates to being an “expert”?

1 Like

Yes Sir, that one has been floating around for while now. If could get Mets to eat most of that whopper contract, go for it, never have too many quality arms.

I am all in for the win now mindset while the window is still open. When it shuts for good then go the Luhnow route

1 Like

The more they eat the better the prospects you gotta give up.

I think JV has a lot left in the tank….certainly enough to finish out his contract at a high level.

1 Like

Yes Sir but Rings are all that matter as long as the window is still open. This run has been going since 2015, incredible in this day and age. I think got a few seasons left before go into seller mode if Crane decides to go that route

1 Like