Moving to electric vehicles will dull recessions currently inflated by oil

And SA has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt they can crush the US’s O&G industry by simply increasing supply in the international market…which due to their oil being very near the surface doesn’t take them long at all.

Your solution would require government production or at the very least government funding for the continued production of oil. You’re essentially advocating for socialized production.

But you need to look at trends. Renewables now make up about 20% of the mix (Germany at about 40%). Look at the growth in just 10 years. The future is not the past.

2 Likes

Well, I’m optimistic that someday we’ll be able to ween ourselves off electricity generated by fossil fuels, but it won’t happen overnight.

Then again, our future conference mates over at Utah seemed at one time to be convinced that cold fusion in a bottle was a solution.

Who knows?

My generation?

Oh boy, did Chris hijack your account? Fossil fuels are not all the same. You want to be energy independent, stop importing oil. We can do that by using EVs that use fossil fuels that are plentiful in the US.

3 Likes

Ya know what also helps with that oil importation thing?

Fracking, shale oil, more domestic production, and Keystone!

2 Likes

Chris did hijcack 97’s account. lol.

Shhh, don’t tell 97 that keystone never shut down.

1 Like

The permit to build a US stretch was revoked by Biden.

Enough said.

Dude, Keystone is still operational and is importing foreign oil into the US.

It seems like he’s missing the nuance between OG Keystone and Keystone XL. Which are of course two separate projects.

Plus it seems line he’s disregarding the study done showing that basically as long as a country’s power isn’t almost exclusively power by coal like Poland for instance. EV’s are demonstrably better across the board.

Biden cut off the permit for a US stretch that would have imported more and reduced importation from places like Saudi Arabia.

Give it up Bro.

Even Canada, arguably our closest ally and neighbor, was pissed about it.

2 Likes

If you think we burn a lot of coal for electricity now, just think how much we’ll be burning in order to power all those electrical vehicles.

As I said, I don’t see this as much of a solution.

1 Like

The part of Keystone to Nebraska was terminated by Brandon. Now we have to transport that oil by truck and rail instead of a more environmentally friendly way. Brilliant!

2 Likes

The number is about 22%. So we’d already be in the positive in that regard.

As I said, imagine just how much MORE we will have to burn in order to power all those new electric cars.

22% is where we are at now.

That number will likely grow as our electricity needs grow due to the use of EVs.

until renewables become reliable we’ll still need fossil fuel or “nucular” power.

Currently only 1% of the 287 million cars are electric. Our electric grid is already stressed and now we want to move 260 million more cars and millions of homes off natural gas and fuel oil to electricity.

Per the norm, can’t admit when he’s wrong. The dude that is all about semantics and precise word meaning, didn’t know the Keystone pipe line never shut down. Keystone XL that was never operational was the part that was canceled. So it couldn’t have created a shortage since it never delivered oil in the first place.

FACT. I’m sure 97 will argue it, but he was just dead wrong.

2 Likes

You are intellectually dishonest.

1 Like

The market is not exploding by any stretch it’s on a nice steady climb. Unfortunately there are vested interests in curtailing the many solutions. Which is everything from NIMBY’s, to utility companies, to coal companies.