Moving to electric vehicles will dull recessions currently inflated by oil

I didn’t realize you had an environmental science degree as well.

A 65% reduction in emissions for a BEV compared to a ICE vehicle is quite impactful at scale. That’s not minimal at all.

lol, did I hurt your pee pee?

And had Biden not cancelled it, and had it become operational, then as I said, we could have imported more from Canada and LESS from Saudi.

Not sure how you don’t see that, and/or how you think that wouldn’t be a good thing. So if importing less from Saudi is a thing for you, then you cannot logically take Biden’s side on Keystone XL, given that allowing it to be built would have helped the USA to achieve precisely that goal.

I’m 100% correct on that bro. I can’t logically admit that I’m “wrong” when I’m obviously correct on that point.

1 Like

Where are we burying all of these EV batteries in 10 years?

Maybe…but only if we were to stop exporting oil…

The more we import from Canada, the less we import from Saudi, as I said.

If norbert agrees that importation from Saudi is a bad thing, then it’s pretty silly that he’d be on Biden’s side on Keystone XL, which, if completed and operational, would have resulted in the USA importing more from a benevolent country like Canada, and less from places like Saudi Arabia.

I’m 100% correct on that point, so I’m not sure what Norb’s issue is. Not sure precisely which part of my point he fails to understand.

You need to quit playing with yours or you will get monkeypox.

That will be the next trillion $ boondoggle they will have to solve

Oh, now you have a magic ball that sees the future do you? That’s not a fact friend, that’s conjecture.

It’s not conjecture to say that the more that we import from countries like Canada, the less we have to import from countries like Saudi.

You might be the only person in the world that doesn’t understand that much.

That’s a quality 3rd grade burn!

1 Like

You still didn’t know the difference between Keystone and Keystone XL. FACT.

1 Like

Dude.

It’s Keystone.

I CORRECTLY stated that Biden cut off construction on a US portion of Keystone (XL) that would have enabled us to import more from Canada, and as a consequence, less from countries like Saudi, which YOU said was important.

To the extent that you dispute ANY part of that, YOU are wrong, not I.

And as I said, if reducing importation from Saudi were really important to you and a priority for you, you too would be pissed that Biden did something like cancel Keystone XL that would have helped in that regard.

I haven’t been mistaken on anything about that.

You were taking like Keystone was canceled and shut down. Sounds a lot like a Chris talking point without actually knowing the facts.

No, I originally posted that Keystone would help with that oil importation thing (from Saudi).

That’s a 100% correct statement. The more we import from Canada via Keystone (including Keystone XL), the less we have to import from Saudi. Too bad dumb ass Biden cut off construction of Keystone XL which keeps us from importing even more from Canada and results in us having to import more from Saudi. That HURT.

Then I posted that the permit to build a US stretch was revoked by Biden.

Again, 100% correct. Biden revoked a permit to build a US stretch known as Keystone XL. That’s a FACT. What’s your problem? You always argue when I’m correct or something? Obviously.

I repeated that a few more times.

And each time, I was correct. At NO POINT did I ever say that Keystone was completely shut down. Apparently you can’t read, because I never wrote such a thing, so I’m not sure why you are trying to make it an issue, except to start an argument over nothing.

To use a SamHouston rhetorical technique…you’re arguing with yourself.

My statements about Keystone (which includes XL) being helpful on the importation thing from Saudi, AND that Biden cut off construction on a key US stretch of it which would have been even more helpful in that regard, were both 100% correct.

NEXT!!!

The idea that the US will ever get to oil independence by importing oil (tar sands oil to boot) is absolutely hilarious.

It cost way more to make gas out of tar sands than other grades. Are you going to force producers to do it by halting imports and/or mandating production? Speaking of ‘big government’…cause that is the only way you get there.

Seems to me it makes more sense to use ‘big government’ to make incentives to go electric and/or higher efficiency ICE vehicles. Transitioning away from it is the only realistic way to become energy independent.

1 Like

Would you rather import from Saudi? Or Venezuela? I think not.

Energy independence may not be attainable, although I agree we should try to move in that direction as best as we can. To the extent that we can get close to that goal, WONDERFUL!!!

But reducing reliance on oil from countries such as those should be EVERYONE’S goal, and Biden’s cutoff of a US leg of Keystone that would have been helpful in that regard does NOT help.

Tar sand is garbage oil. It costs more to make gas out of it. Your solution forces the US to pay more than otherwise available.

Are we outlawing exporting too? Cause as I showed above we export quite a bit.

OK…slap the industry with an export ban. See how that goes over.

Next force them to use tar sands for gas production and watch the prices rise even more than now. You’re gunna love the reviews from conservative rags on that!

Or use less oil by producing more electricity (using technologies that cost less than coal) and using more electricity in the transportation industry using technologies that are more efficient than using oil.

1 Like

Lol

As I said, that might use less oil, but it will likely increase the use of OTHER fossil fuels like COAL, which also generates greenhouse gases.

If you think we burn a lot of coal now, just imagine how much we’ll have to burn to meet the electricity requirements of a move to all electric cars?

If we were a country like France or Iceland that generates most of its electricity from non-fossil fuels, then it’d be different.

But as long as 61% comes from fossil fuels, including more than a fifth from coal alone, I can’t see that this is all that beneficial.

Environmentally, producing and disposing of batteries might prove to be a challenge in and of itself!