My Experience with Covid

None.

Just a bunch of antedotal evidence with no real clinical behind it.

This was the guy who convinced me to buy hydroxy when I went to Mexico for my annual shopping trip. It was a Channel 26 piece. As he said, there wasn’t anything available to treat people so he decided to go for it.

I know the stories, you have posted them multiple times.

There is a big and distinct difference between anecdotal evidence and scientific evidence, or proof based on findings from systematic observation, measurement, and experimentation. While scientific evidence can be independently verified using the scientific method, anecdotal evidence cannot.

Several large and controlled studies that have been published in the last few months conclude HQ does not work.

There is currently one FDA-authorized monoclonal antibody treatment that may be used to treat non-hospitalized adults and children over age 12 with mild to moderate symptoms who have recently tested positive for COVID-19, and who are at risk for developing severe COVID-19 or being hospitalized for it. The therapy is bebtelovimab, made by Eli Lilly. It must be given intravenously (by IV) soon after developing symptoms.

Remdesivir and Regeneron do not appear to work on the Omicron strain.

Convalescent plasma is now authorized only for people who are immunocompromised, either because of a medical condition or because of a treatment that suppresses their immune system. The treatment may be given to hospitalized and non-hospitalized patients.

3 Likes

Blah blah blah, I get COVID and it’s still kicking my butt. I gave it to my wife and she recovered in 3 days.

Worked for her and, quite honestly, that’s all I care about.

I’ll buy another 20 pills this summer. Always felt $2 a pill was a big factor in the resistance

Dexamethasone is a cheap medication that is/was also effective .

If you felt it helped you, well, you do you but there is no data to support your belief.

That’s a scary one. Wife took it for years as a cancer treatment. “May cause mood swings”. :exploding_head:

When the doctor prescribed it, she looked at me, completely serious, and said “Good luck.”

1 Like

Mood swings? There is a pill for that…ask your doctor if (mood correcting pill) is right for you.

Here is a partial list of “potential” side effects. What they don’t tell you it’s they could “potentially” all happen at the same time.

• upset stomach
  • stomach irritation
  • vomiting
  • headache
  • dizziness
  • insomnia
  • restlessness
  • depression
  • anxiety

Despite what you may have heard, a restless, vomiting, anxious, depressed insomniac is no fun!!! :rofl::face_with_spiral_eyes::sob:

Anyone who has had Covid, experiencing long Covid.

To go on a cruise these days you have to have all of your shots, along with proof. Besides that they require that you be tested 48 hours before the cruise.
We had a hard time finding someone who could test and give immediate results, but finally went to Walgreens in West Columbia.
Unfortunately, my brother in law, who had no symptoms at the time, failed the test three times and failed to make the trip. His daughter filled in for him.

I have been traveling since Covid began and staying in hotels and my job is a job that I interact with people.

To the best of my knowledge I have not had Covid. Double vaxed and boosted but have not caught it or viral load was so low that I didn’t realize I had it.

Probably need to start studying people who have not had it or were asymptomatic and see if there are common traits.

Covid hit my family hard. Killed my dad, gave my great nephew endocarditis (2 months ago and he’s still recovering), one brother was extremely sick for three weeks and hospitalized for a few days, one niece got it while on vacation in Jamaica and was quarantined there for 10 days, one daughter got it and was sick for a week, other daughter, both SIL, and grandson got it with moderate symptoms. Mom got the same time Dad did, she recovered quickly, he never did. I never got it somehow, been tested at least ten times. I drive Lyft part-time and I think it’s remarkable and extremely lucky I never did. Always wore a mask, made riders wear one and cleaned my car everyday with Lysol.

In all cases, except for Mom, they all said it was the sickest they had ever been in their lives.

2 Likes

Same here. My wife had it and then my son got it a week later. Me and my daughter, she was 4.5 at the time, never got it.

Good Lord! I’m so sorry you and your family has endured all of that. Glad you’re well. So far, I’ve been lucky to avoid it even though there has been multiple exposures. I’m not convinced that I never had it even with many negative tests. One time was Jan 2020 but there were no tests then.

2 Likes

Same

I saw my PCP after being pretty sick for a few days and she said I probably had it even though I had just tested negative. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That’s rough, really sorry to hear that. Covid has wreaked havoc on many families. I’ve been fortunate in that regard.

Somehow I’ve never had it either that I know of. Same for my wife and two little ones. We’ve burned through a lot of tests and tested every time anyone had symptoms. It’s hard to imagine none of us has had it. We were careful pre-vaccine (mostly because we didn’t want to spread to most vulnerable) but really haven’t been since. It’s a weird virus.

2 Likes

I am double boosted so that might have helped.

2 Likes

Cruise = Petrie Dish

They say that about planes too.

Precautions usually make a difference in nearly all cases.

There’s an Italian saying that goes Il mondo è paese, the world is [a] town.

Who are they?