My guess for AP top 15 tomorrow

Oh wise one. Instead of asking us questions, give us some answers. Why is Nebraska 0-4 for the first time since 1945?

1 Like

Easy. They have lost 4 games in a row. Check out the film for confirmation.

1 Like

UCF keeps winning without Frost and Neb can’t win with him, but it’s all coaching right? That’s what Diehard has to stand by since he can’t admit that Ward made Vermin and Ward leaving and King being injured made for a large chunk of the regression under Applewhite.
Hilariously we only really regressed one win since we didn’t get to play one game, at most two of UTSA pulled off the upset, but Applewhite is the worst coach ever and Vermin is the best.

2 Likes

so did Milton make scott frost?

Yep.

also we didn’t regress by 1 win with Applewhite. we regressed big time with Applewhite. one year was full of distractions and the other year wasn’t.

LOL? Milton wasn’t even highly recruited. scott frost was the one who found him at a camp in Oregon and got him to travel over 4 k miles to florida. frost developed him.

You can’t bother having this argument. When Diehard refuses to acknowledge the tremendous drop off from Greg Ward to Kyle Allen or Kyle Postma, you just can’t hope to have a reasonable debate.

4 Likes

So he’s a good recruiter. Sumlin only won with Keenum and Manziel, was terrible in years without them, and didn’t recruit either. But he was able to find a five star qb in Arizona who everybody knew about and nobody won a lot of games with him.

Coaches have a role, but players do the playing. The opponent always gets a vote, too, as fighter pilots say.

2 Likes

Ward had two offers. If it wasn’t for Levine he wouldn’t have been here, at least Frost can say he recruited him. Vermin the QB “Whisperer” can’t even recruit one himself apparently.

2 Likes

the same Levine who realized until midway his sophomore season that he should be the starting qb? ward’s 2 best seasons came with herman as hc.

And Applewhite as his OC/QB coach, right?

3 Likes

Applewhite hasn’t developed a qb in his life.

1 Like

The blinders you wear are really quite amazing.

2 Likes

name all the qb’s Applewhite has developed as OC in his career.

I’ll wait.

1 Like

I’m starting to believe more and more that someday down the road if we’re looking for a head coach, we should look for an O-line coach to promote through Co-OC as HC In Waiting to Head Coach. If it’s all about recruiting and coaching scheme, then I’d rather have an offense based around an all world O-line, because I could line up as a fullback in I-formation and we’d go undefeated, and I’m 6’0" 195#.

2 Likes

UH was the only school to offer Case Keenum as scholarship.

You are offer your rocker bring that “fact” to this forum.

2 Likes

Kim Helton was an NFL O-line coach for several teams before coming here and cutting ties with high school football coaches and almost dismantling our football program. It doesn’t always work out.

2 Likes

your point is? that doesn’t exclude the fact that HC’s shouldn’t get credit for developing QB’s. If the QB sucks we blame the HC/OC. If the QB is good people say they made the HC. That’s not how it should be.

Were you not just giving Herman credit for Ward’s success in 2015?