Mylik (can someone please confirm this)?

I’ve heard that Mylik has another year and could return next season if he wants to and I’ve also heard this is his last season.

'19-20 was the Covid season so based upon this shouldn’t he have one more yr if wanted to return?

Can anyone confirm what his actual status is (not speculate)?

I mean, you just answered the question yourself. He has one more year, if he wants it

You can also go here if you don’t believe us.

My understanding is Jamal, Wilson and Roberts all have a year left.

4 Likes

No disrespect to the kid at all. He’s a major part of why we are where we are, but he is most likely not getting any NBA draft prospects at this time.

Perhaps next year he gets better looks. The entire offense is going to change if Jamal declares for the draft

1 Like

Thanks Hill.

Would LOVE for him to come back next season!!

Even though I thought that was the case (that he could return), and his history shows that he should have one more year, I’ve also heard from a few sources that this season would be his.

Spoke with his family during the kansas game. They want him to return for anothet year, but who knows what happens.

20 Likes

easiest way to think about it is: normally you get 5 years to play 4
Covid gave you an extra so you have 6 years to play 5.

5 Likes

All 3 of them will probably leave the program but retain their eligibility to get feedback on their NBA draft potential.

If they are not projected to be a 1st or second round pick, they may come back to the program unless they are ready to make more money in the G League or overseas.

4 Likes

And licryer and dunn

2 Likes

Wow…now that I didn’t realize. That would certainly be incredible to get some of those guys back.

With our increasing NIL, staying instead of overseas is looking more appetizing for a lot of players.

3 Likes

I think Jamal is gone but I would LOVE for this to happen.

PG Portal/Wilson
SG Cryer/Miller
SF Sharp/TA/Chase
PF Roberts/Tugler/Walker
C Francis/McFarland/Lath

Like I’ve said previously a man can dream.

5 Likes

And Cryer and Dunn. All five have another year in college if they want it.

We are at 13 on scholarship with 2 signees.

So I expect at least 2 of the five to leave.

1 Like

If Jamal leaves, you go to the portal, so that’s a wash.

2 of the other 4 are gone. I’m guessing we would really like Cryer and Roberts back. The other two could be minutes blockers for young guys without star power. Not sure we bring them back.

It likely all comes down to who’s available in the portal.

Also Jefferson as a RS Freshman

1 Like

Hard to replace a 4 year player in our system with someone from the portal and call it a wash, especially a 1st team all-american at the PG position

4 Likes

We say this every year. Hard to replace 2 first round draft picks. But somehow…

6 Likes

McFarland is a 4 with a desire to also play some 3.

I put McFarland as a PF because if Roberts comes back he’d be behind both him and Tugler at PF and at C he’d be primarily behind Francis. Plus coach also likes to go with a smaller lineup at times putting TA at the PF.

If Wison and Cryer both come back (and they get a PG from the portal) than Jefferson is going to have to make a tough decision. Stick it out another year or hit the portal.