NCAA Ref Lee Cassell

Called us for a million fouls in both A&M and Xavier. Smear this name everywhere so he gets out of our postseason run.

19 Likes

Hes the same one that called that SDSU v Creighton game last year.

there is a petition to get him fired on change.org from last year. little traction, but i went ahead and signed it today anyway. there’s a surprising number of articles that mention him specifically and dubious calls at critical junctions of games.

16 Likes

Signing it.

2 Likes

and shared it to FB

3 Likes

signed. here is the link

https://www.change.org/p/fire-ncaa-referee-lee-cassell

3 Likes

Signed thanks. What a joke.

1 Like

This accomplishes absolutely nothing and paints UH fans as partisan nutjobs. UH fans are sounding like sore losers and UH actually won the game. Yes, some of the calls were head scratching but lets move on to Duke.

6 Likes

These things should be handled internally and policed by those to whom he is held accountable. Putting his name out and signing petition seems like the doxing so popular amongst the orange tinted nutjob sector of our society.

Next thing you’re standing at Matt Schaub’s front door.

1 Like

JL maybe you went to bed early, but we didn’t lose.

2 Likes

Everyone should be held accountable, even referees.

8 Likes

Please furnish your name and we’ll at least get some AI blackmail pics. Head to the ATM before dark tomorrow and I’ll be at your house at 9pm.
Signed, Vigilantes for Purity and Truth

Steve Bartman says he’s not signing.

Aggies had 45 FT’s vs 30 for UH. But 14 of our FT’s were on intentional fouls in the last minute or two of regulation and OT. Otherwise, a 45-16 discrepancy. Pretty pathetic.

17 Likes

The fact that there are other teams that want him to be fired shows that he has a very long track record at making stupid, shady calls! Siince this is the case he should be fired! Keeping your mouth shut and letting him continue to make shady calls that cause teams to lose games may be the worse you could do since if nobody complains the higher-ups will continue to leave him in there to do more damag to other teams game after game, year after year! At least with everybody complaining about him the higher-ups would be more inclined to take a look at what is going on with that shady ref!

Take former UFC ref Mario Yamasaki for example, after years of people complaining about what a dangerous and atrocious ref he was in letting fighters taking serious amounts of unnecessary punishments in fights in which the winners had already been determined, the UFC finally got rid of him and refused to allow him to officiate another fight again since he was deemed to be too dangerous for the fighters’ safety because he refused to stop a fight even after the loser had already sustained hundreds of punches to the face and had been beaten to a bloody pulp!

Some say complaining about a shady ref makes you look bad, but when a ref is so bad that numerous teams are complaining about him I don’t think it makes you look bad at all. In fact, I think it makes you look like you care about the integrity of the game in wanting to see a fair and honestly officiated game in which the winner and loser of a game are being determined by the players and coaches and not by a shady ref! In fact, your complaints would only increase the chances the league would take a good look at the ref in question and if enough complaints are launched against him the bigwigs might do something to get rid of him and replace him with someone more competent.

8 Likes

Yes sir! Like they say “Absolute power corrupts absolutely!” I think these refs have been given absolute power to call whatever they want for too long! No governing body to check with them why they made that bad call or multiple bad calls that caused a team to lose the game! That’s just not right! Referees should be reviewed every year and if their calls are out of bounds from the rules of the game somebody from the higher-ups should let them know it!

4 Likes

Not just let them know it, let them find the door and not welcoming them back.

3 Likes

I was the OP and to be clear, i don’t want him fired. I just don’t want him advancing into the postseason. If we take a regular season loss partially thanks to this guy, fine. But he refs mostly ACC games. If we get him vs Duke or anyone else here on out, we’re probably toast. I’d like us playing poorly to cement our fate, not this guy. The Xavier game was a lot like last night. Up by 10 then wait wait wait 3 hours later up by 3.

3 Likes

Idk who called it but Shead’s last foul was wild. Taylor some how pushed off on Shead and Wilson with each hand in between dribbling. Shead of course gets called for a ticky tack reach in. Hilarious knowing that we won anyway.

7 Likes

I have sent at least 15 tweets ripping the officiating and I may not be done yet. That just can’t happen in a game of that magnitude.

6 Likes