New BIG12 in discussions to form Split Divisions w/ Future Realignment forthcoming

I do not see us playing the great satan. The great satan won’t let that happen. Furthermore why should they benefit from us after MAKING us lose tens if not hundreds of $M’s since the SWC imploded.
SOCIAL DISTANCING is not a strong enough statement when describing what the great satan is.

5 Likes

Ooops , sorry another commercial break. Back to our Regular Programming momentarily.

The crickets sounds coming from the great satan speak volume. Expect a soon to be released statement with:
“The great satan is proud to announce that we will start fornicking with the SEC in 2023”

1 Like

They would probably rather float a loan to OU than have to play the Coogs……They would see it as an embarrassment to lose to UH…. The rest of the world would not think twice about a ranked UH beat yet another underachieving UT….

So back to the old Big 12 then…

I don’t see how any division split would put Cincy and WVU in two different ones. That will be a natural rivalry for the new Big 12.

BYU with Cincy, WVU or UCF makes little logical sense. Only if BYU was wanting east coast exposure.

All been hashed out in other threads though. I do hope that if they have a 14 team version, they simply remove OU/Ut from it when they leave and not completely redo the divisions.

6 Likes

Those are not good divisions.

I get the desire for divisions to work such that when you remove UT and OU nothing else changes, but it would be really stupid to saddle the 12-team conference with bad divisions to make that happen.

If they want the Texas schools to be together, the permanent divisions should be:
West: Houston, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU, and BYU
East: Kansas, K-State, Iowa State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, and UCF

Throwing in UT and OU complicates this because I’m sure they want Texas with Tech and OU with Oklahoma State. For a couple seasons then maybe Oklahoma State and UCF switch divisions.
Red: Houston, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, BYU, UCF, Texas
Blue: Kansas, K-State, Iowa State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma

1 Like

Would it be more fun to whoop the horns early in the season when they are still overhyped, or later in season (week 3+) when they have been exposed?

Looking at your East and West divisions….the West would be brutal!

Bowlsby has said that the divisions will be setup so when OU and UT leave, the divisions will not have to change. It’s a clean break.

I’m sure Oklahoma State will be adamant about being in the conference with the Texas 4.

2 Likes

We ain’t playing the Austin based ut !

1 Like

They said it would be easier that way, and I’m sympathetic to the idea, but it’s wrong thinking when there are no optimal 6-6 divisions that fit within an optimal 7-7 division setup. It just doesn’t work. You’re either splitting up (real and potential) rivals or you’re putting BYU in with teams two time-zones away, or something else stupid.

The hypothetical divisions they put up are dumb, not least of which because they do split Oklahoma State from the Texas 4.

I think they should just accept that a couple teams need to switch. I’m afraid they’re going to put everybody in a sub-optimal 6-6 split for the sake of what might make sense for 7-7. (Tough their plan doesn’t even do 7-7 right, with WVU and Cincinnati being split up and the Oklahoma schools having no Texas schools in their division.)

We need to play them at Tdecu period. They need to be forced to see how nice our campus is now.

No to reliant stadium

UT and OU that is

12 Likes

I think that’s hard to avoid without splitting the Texas schools up, splitting up the northern schools, or putting BYU with some eastern schools.

If you want more parity, I’d go with
Red: Houston, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Cincinnati, WVU, UCF
Blue: TCU, Baylor, BYU, KSU, KU, and ISU

Still a little lopsided I think (keeping the northern schools together creates an unavoidable asymmetry I think), but not too bad.

1 Like

I think they should set it up for 3 divisions.

2 — 6 team divisions for the future that make the most sense.

1 division with only ut and OK in it.

They play each other 8 times plus 2 games each against Alabama and Georgia to get their feet wet…… so to speak.

3 Likes

I wonder if there are specific bylaws that would prevent them from scheduling UT and OU to eight away games.

Probably.

2 Likes

If they get scheduled to play us in Houston, I agree.

Unless we can use that as leverage for future scheduled games in Houston.

really, having to play in cinncy backwater west virginia and orlando fl. C’est fou.

west: UH, Baylor, TCU, UT, OKST, TT, BYU
east Kansas, K St, Iowa St, Cincy, WV, UCF OK
or flip UT and OK if you want.

1 Like

That sounds about right and bedlam can be a cross division game for the 2 or 3 remaining seasons we are at 14.

2 Likes

That would be extra nice…they have to play the Coogs and lose their Red River Rivalry
game too. Sweet.