New BIG12 in discussions to form Split Divisions w/ Future Realignment forthcoming

I like this one for many reasons but seems the West would have be Top heavy when it comes to Football given the current state of the programs. Taking OU/UT out of any of the scenarios. You would have 4 teams in West that all finished Top25 for 21/22 season. Only 1 in East-- UC.

Conferences have their strong divisions. SEC West, BIG Ten East but I have no idea about the other 2.

Your hope is that say over 10 yr period it evens out for most part. But as in your ex for SEC West that has def not happened – Unbalanced.

That would never happen. There would be six divisional games leaving two more conference games and one of those would be with a static opponent. The SEC does this.

I believe those static matchups are as follows:
Florida vs LSU
Alabama vs Tenn
Arkansas vs Mizzou
Vandy vs Ole Miss
Miss St vs Kentucky
Georgia vs Auburn
aTm vs SC

everyone will want Kansas in their division lol

5 Likes

Deloss Dodds isn’t dead though

Your proposal matches mine upthread, except you added UT and OU to it. I think there is going to be a preference to put UT and TT, and OU and OSU, in the same division. There’s no way to do that without somebody moving later. I think they should bite that bullet rather than apparently drafting entire divisions to avoid having to move anybody later.

I worry about putting all of the Texas/Oklahoma schools in the same division. It created problems in the previous divisions, and I think it would create problems again. But if the example in the article is any indication, maybe they’re not worried about that, and they’re not worried about parity, then they should go with our East/West divisions when we get back to 12.

The original Big 12 had a strong/weak dynamic, too. Not a situation I am interested in repeating, honestly. It was not good for the conference. The strong-division teams got stronger, the weak-division teams atrophied. If I’m a north team I want to play in Texas regularly. But if they don’t care then I don’t care. I like being in a Texas+ division even if it means fewer trips to Morgantown.

1 Like

That just makes it better.

1 Like

What if this MIGHT, and I mean MIGHT, hint at a higher paycheck opportunity for everyone outright and the two schools decide to stay past 2025?

Also, NO to UT and OU in NRG. Screw NRG. It’ll screw up attendance. It’s our campus, it’s nationally broadcasted, meaning we get MORE EYES ON OUR UNIVERSITY.

5 Likes

Yes, the west would be top heavy but I expect UH to be the Alabama of the B12 so it really doesn’t matter.

7 Likes

I like that
. Who is our Georgia? Baylor?

I think most non-Texas Big12 teams will play 2 games in Texas per year. It should help them with their Texas recruiting.

1 Like

I read the penalty for leaving early for Ut or OU would be 9 figures. as in 100,000,000 or 200,000,000 or 300,000,000. Etc.
That isn’t good math to leave early for two years. You eat the years and keep the money.

1 Like

You’re probably right ; unless the conference gets to
vote on it and the 2 OUTs have no votes and lots of
unfriendliness.

It’s definitely driven by $$$ if they stay

1 Like

So hopefully they see how good it is and OU backs out and UT leaves. Lol

3 Likes

It is in the best interest of the great satan to leave early. They are scared to play us and have been for years. They prefered to play mighty nice than to play us.
A nine figure “tab” is penny’s to the great satan. Remember the PUF? THEY PRINT MONEY. They are the splitting image of a drug cartel.
They only reason that they might stay until then is that they are scared @%^*ess to get their posteriors kicked by the lowest SEC team.

They can’t use the PUF to pay for that. It has specific things it can pay for. $200,000,000 to leave early for a public school would cause some serious political backlash.

1 Like