New Data: Houston is getting REALLY DANGEROUS!

That’s ridiculous…the good guys trying to protect their families from the bad guys…are not out there killing people…it’s the bad guys on our streets that should not be on them…there are very very violent people on our streets…you are blind…so ok let’s get rid of guns…Don’t you agree that it’s an invitation for the bad guys to have their way knowing you’re unarmed…

2 Likes

Are you familiar with bail reform that is sweeping the country…have you ever heard of George Soros…what’s your thought…you never weigh in on a topic you should be somewhat familiar with…I mentioned Kim Ogg months ago and you had never heard of her…everyone knows her and what’s going on in Harris County and through the country with bail reform…what are your thoughts…

At the risk of saying too much, let’s just say that we in Washington County have a VERY different approach to prosecution than Kim Ogg.

If Ogg were Christ, then let’s just say we’d be more or less like the anti-Christ.

:wink:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I grew up in the suburbs of Houston, and hunting rifles were everywhere. Many pick ups parked in the HS parking lot with guns hanging from the back window. But that was 50+ yrs ago.

I got my first gun when I was a student at U of H in 1957. Sears on Wayside had a sale on war surplus English Webley 45 cal. $20.00. My brother ended up shooting himself in the foot with it. I was either in class or at work and didn’t know he had taken it to Green’s Bayou for target practice. Rule is if you have one know how to use it safely.

2 Likes

Are you sure you’re from Texas?

Anyone I know that’s a native Texan owns firearms.But I don’t know everyone, obviously.

Personally, I shoot once a week for training. And I love the police but on their best night in Houston you’re looking at a 10-12 minute wait (just my estimation).

I look at it this way. The Bill of Rights in my estimation is list of wonderful freedoms. I value those and encourage people of all political persuasion to enjoy them. About three weeks back a neighbor of mine (a very liberal African American attorney from Spring) called me at 3am saying someone was breaking windows with a hammer. When I met him in my yard he has a Glock 19. When I asked if they guy had any firearms he replied, “no…but I don’t want him knockin me in the head when I’m crossing the street.”

That’s the beauty of it. Just use this fundamental right to protect yourself. But if you don’t like firearms I respect that too. It doesn’t mean you’re a sissy or a pacifist. You just don’t feel comfortable around them.

Wel…. I had someone attempt to jimmy my front door open at 3 in the morning. Walked up to the door and racked a shell into my 12 gauge - the sound is unmistakable. Perp took off (and probably had to change his underwear).

My MIL had a criminal attempt to kick her French door in (January 2020) just outside the west loop. Fortunately she had massive deadbolts and he ran off when she yelled that she had a shotgun (she did - country girl). As a result she moved to a high rise and we bought her house.

A year ago a neighbor and his girlfriend 6 houses down were confronted in his garage by 2 criminals after returning from dinner. He was shot in the face but survived.

How about those odds?

Feel free to be a statistic, I’ll keep my guns and my family safe.

1 Like

I’m from a Houston suburb (Jacinto City). My wife will have to speak to my stability.

How about this generalization: anti gunners are either delusional or inbred

Thank you for playing

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’m not anti-gun but I do know almost all of the other 50 states view Texas as delusional.gun lovers. So take your comment and flip it

These days it’s really cheap to rent a moving van leaving Texas.

Sounds like you’d be happier elsewhere, where the local government protects you from delusional.gun lovers. May I suggest Chicago?

Nope…I’m a native Houstonian and Texan. I despise Conservatives and Liberals equally…both are self righteous, close minded, and immature and your response confirms that.

I’m just glad Texas moves more towards the middle with each passing day…sounds like you might be the one who wants to leave!

I’m just pointing out the correlation to easy gun ownership with crime and I do NOT want my Texas to be a place families don’t feel safe to live.

FIFY

During sophomore Logic our professor drilled into us that correlation is frequently mistaken for causation. it appears that you were absent that day.

It’s a gorgeous day and this freedom loving, gun toting Texan is going out to enjoy it, sans internet.

Have a wonderful day, and always remember that an armed society is a polite society.

Don’t quote me and then change my words…I’m not falling for your gas lighting tactics.

This whole thread is about Houston leading the nation in violent crime.

As a native Houston that is disturbing news so go enjoy your day while those of us that care about our city and state will wonder how we sunk this low.

you don’t know the answer to that

It would be interesting to see the data on crime rates and gun ownership by zip code. Anyone know how to get that?

I imagine the gun ownership percentage in Harris County is probably pretty high.

On a side note:
Beto O’Rourke said he’s in favor of gun ownership by citizens just not in favor of semiautomatics on the street. Yet, people are screaming that he is favor of “total gun confiscation in the United States”. That’s not his position and people should be allowed to speak for themselves.

I’m ok with semiautomatics at home but bringing one out of state to a protest is asking for and creating trouble, IMHO. Things like that make no one ”safer”.!

2 Likes

Beto openly said he would take away, i.e. “confiscate” rifles similar to one that I bought and own legally.

HARD PASS!!!

I said that’s what he said.

I also said people turned that into “total gun confiscation” which is not what he said.

Having one at home is one thing. Bringing one strapped to your back going to Starbucks, or a parade or to a protest does nothing to make anything safer. Guns aren’t allowed in court, in schools, in bars or at sporting events and for darn good common sense reasons. Common sense usually does prevail but sometimes it takes time.

Common sense =/= confiscation of all guns

Doesn’t matter if it isn’t total.

He AIN’T confiscating my military style rifle.

PRINT IT!!!

Okay

To illustrate why, consider this.

Suppose the Jan. 6 rioters had been successful in overthrowing the legitimately elected government, and installing Trump as an unelected dictator.

Suppose much of the armed forces sided with him. Not likely, but the Oath Keepers and others involved with Jan. 6 include vets and military types. Suppose they then begin to force that tyranny/authority on everyone.

Wouldn’t the common citizen need a military style rifle in order to succesfully resist the tyranny?

All right then.

The Second Amendment is indeed a legitimate protection against the tyranny of the state.

That’s a good example of why and how.

Now then, that doesn’t mean that every type weapon (cannons, tanks, jet fighters, ICBMs, etc.) needs to be in private hands. OF COURSE every right and freedom has its limits…late term abortions?..human sacrifice in religious practice?

But I don’t draw the line at a semi-auto rifle firing a .223 high speed round.

There are plenty of those that you can buy that don’t even have the shape and style of a military rifle, AR-15 included. That’s not a very uncommon round…and it’s smaller than, let’s say, the typical 30.06 round used in deer hunting.

1 Like