New Pitching Coach

Interesting hire

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/houston-baseball-sean-kenny-pitching-coach-18150982.php

1 Like

This guy took a job from a coach that doesn’t even have a contract??? Yikes. Sounds like we were scraping the bottom of the barrel and got this guy. Unbelievable, dumpster fire.

2 Likes

Houston Baller will like this guy….the last two seasons they have had extensive pitching injuries.

And the guy has never stepped foot in the damn state….absolute garbage hire.

The whole keep your job if you fire one dud to hire another dud is a joke.

The bigger joke is Pez.

This guy isn’t qualified to be a HS AD.

Minor league BS athletic department.

8 Likes

A quick look at Georgia’s pitching stats and it looks like we can stick a fork in the 2024 season.

4 Likes

Nothing against the new guy, but this whole coaching situation is total bullshat.

6 Likes

I’d like to say I’m surprised, but I’m not. I suppose he deserves a chance.

Pollard drops The Anvil of Crom on the thread. As a lover of peace it is rare that I support this level of rhetorical savagery. But that was one, fine piece of damnation if I’ve ever read one.

Anecdote: The “fire someone…” protocol wasn’t devised just to save Whitting. It was a way for Pez to never even have to deal with this crap. I feel pretty comfortable saying they probably schemed this up over the telephone while CTW was sitting by the pool.

2 Likes

Do we fly a banner during a football game?

2 Likes

At first, I thought…hmmm, an SEC coach. But, then I realized that it was like poaching the Tennessee pitching coach.

Oh…wait.

Looks like it’s time for me to send another “no-reply” email to Pezman.

2 Likes

Two first names. Hmm.

1 Like

Speaking of….have you seen any of the “Arnold” documentary on Netflix? Pretty entertaining.

Now back to hating on Pez.

seems like he’s had a lot more success than our program has had over the same period

You need to dig a little deeper.

From GoCoogs.com:

Georgia was 151st nationally in WHIP, 213th in walks per 9 innings, and 193 in ERA.

To compare, UH was 129 in WHIP, 209 in walks per 9 innings, and 177 in ERA.

Georgia’s coaching staff was fired last month.

6 Likes

Thank you Dan.

And looks as though this guy contributed to blowing out several arms.

That and the fact that he has absolutely zero ties to the state of Texas is mind blowing.

It’s probably actually worse than keeping the horrible pitching coach that was fired.

How is Kivett going to recruit?

All one big cluster.

4 Likes

Here’s a video of Pez’ team building vacation to Costa Rica with the department…

4 Likes

Do you guys want some cheese to go with all the whine?

1 Like

This new hire perfectly encapsulates the problem with maintaining the status quo with the head coach.

The new pitching coach must be a “friend of a friend” thing, because there’s nothing about his resume that would indicate he’s a good hire. You could probably pick someone more qualified by randomly selecting any current Texas D1 or D2 assistant coach who focuses on pitching.

2 Likes