New Texans Uniforms

https://www.hs-up.com/

Thoughts?

1 Like

I don’t really care for the “H” helmets.

Looks like “Halloween.”

I’m good with the rest though.

1 Like

H-Town Blue comes to mind … If the Texans can incorporate the historic Houston blue colors into their uniform without upsetting the former Oilers team, now Tennessee Titans, it makes one wonder why the Coogs can’t do the same thing.

Excerpt and image below taken from https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/h-town-blue-origin-texans-new-uniforms-oilers-19415549.php

“There’s a 120-year legacy in H-Town, regarding, we’ll just call it a light blue color, which we’ll fondly call H-Town Blue now,” Texans senior vice president of marketing, communications and ticket sales Doug Vosik said in a Texans podcast last year. “Because our city, we own that color at this point.”

THEN use it!! I am sick of seeing that navy blue…We arent NAVY, and i hate that color…Use Columbia blue and tell Bud’s daughter to jam it…She cant stop the Texans from doing what they want…

4 Likes

Looks like the Coogs various unis.

2 Likes

They are called NFL franchises for a reason there is no real beef between teams, any issues were cleared up by the NFL before the uniforms were released. If I remembered it correctly the Titans and the NFL sent a cease and desist letter, and UH could have won in court but it would be costly and not 100%. We should have sent a cease and desist letter when the Texans started wearing red jerseys.

I don’t like them.

I like the old jerseys and colorways.

I think the Houston Blue should perhaps be an alternate jersey similar to Battle Red Day, but let’s leave the Oilers in the past.

I like honoring Houston history with the Houston Blue, but making them a staple is just not the move

H Helmets look hideous. Reminds of a generic “Create-A-Team” logo from Madden 06

2 Likes

Boring uniforms for a boring franchise.

4 Likes

@mods

ban this guy

1 Like

They should wear Oiler throw back colors/scheme so they can appeal to a new generation of fans in their 70s and 80s.

1 Like

I like all of it……very clean IMO.

The “H” is cool along with the H-Town….kind of gives that cocky Houston vibe.

2 Likes

It’s an accent color in the color rush uniform.

They put a jersey on the Sam Houston statue in Huntsville.

1 Like

I think they should’ve had an alternate light blue jersey because 1. They look good 2. Stick it to Amy Adams Stank.
Also, I don’t care for the “H-town” on the jersey. I don’t like the horns on the red helmet. They missed on that. Other than this, they’re fine.

Sam Houston was a Texian…they even botched spelling the historical name…lol

theyre not boring they just remind me of XFL jerseys tbh

No telling what they paid some marketing genius to come up with these hideous concoctions. These are worse than the create your own team logos that were on PS2

1 Like

True … I wouldn’t mind a version of the light blue – even if it’s only as an accent color – for the occasional, but not all, games, though. Otherwise, I still like our traditional UH colors.

Go Coogs!

OT, but is anyone else tired of Houston always referred to as H-Town now?