New York Supreme Court Ruling

The difference in death rates between the vaxxed and unvaxxed is incontrovertible at this point. The proof is in the pudding.

5 Likes

Mind boggling how people just ignore the data and stick to their anecdotal examples.

5 Likes

I believe it was also to make symptoms lesser, so as not to inundate the hospitals. Remember when hospitals were running 100% occupancy, and had to delay treatment for non covid procedures?

3 Likes

I’ve posted this before, and I’ll post it again.

You are three times less likely to catch COVID (so yes, it does reduce the spread) seventeen times less likely to be hospitalized for it, and 20 times less likely to die from it if you are vaccinated than not.

Given that, COVID anti-vaxerism, just like all forms of anti-vaxerism

is DUMB.

6 Likes

The benefits of the covid vax were overstated initially because, at the time, they provided that protection.

It wasn’t sustainable, obviously. Hopefully that’s a lesson learned for the future in describing benefits. No vaccine is 100% effective long term. That doesn’t mean they aren’t very helpful.

The Polio vaccine begs to differ.

1 Like

Norb, most people against the COVID vaccine are also against any gun control, election deniers, think Jan 6 was either a false flag op or was perfectly lawful, and the list goes on. Many vaccine deniers display issues clustered around the COVID vaccine just like an overweight person older person usually has a bunch of maladies like high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, heart blockage, etc.

4 Likes

But it’s not 100% effective. 3 doses is 99-100% of paralytic polio but not completely.

In any case, it’s not a fair comparison because pretty much everyone gets the polio vaccine unlike covid. Polio doesn’t mutate like covid either.

That’s not to say that the polio vaccine isn’t more effective, it clearly is and I think it’s the most effective of all of them. I doubt the first version was. That took time.

Edit: I looked up the last point. The first version was 60-70% effective of poliovirus type 1.

Same difference. Its because enough people got the vaccine that we don’t have rampant Polio like we did before. That’s the facts.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s pretty much what I’m saying. It’s not that the vaccine is/was better.

1 Like

I get you. I just chuckle at those that didn’t get the vaccine and then claim that it didn’t work, when in actuality, the ones that got the vaccine help overcome it for everyone. Anyway, the only reason they were against it was their political media. Which is all you need to know.

3 Likes

So, if they got the vaccine and yet get covid and spread it to others who are also vaccinated (as happened between my boss and my coworker) how is that helping overcome it for everyone?
P.S. norbert, I didn’t take the vaccine simply because I chose not too. Not because of media. Thankfully, It worked out ok for me. Your political media made it so people got fired from their jobs and were labeled as outsiders for a personal decision. It’s crazy to me.

1 Like

One anecdote isn’t the rule. It’s just an anecdote.

Those that are vaxxed are less likely to get and spread it. If more people were vaxxed, there would be less spread. That would be a good thing and help everyone. It’s not complicated.

Less likely doesn’t mean you can’t get it. It means you’re less likely to.

That said, you’re free to choose to not be vaxxed.

Thank you for supporting my point. BTW you’re welcome.

Getting the virus and recovering also slows the spread.

Sure, while you’re in the hospital taking up precious bed space.

1 Like

Not getting the virus is better but sure, I guess.

You’re also at higher risk if unvaxxed.

1 Like

I sneezed and coughed and took some Tylenol.