Next Head Coach

Heading to the big 12…We should be in good position to land a great head coach…any thoughts on who?

1 Like

Casey Stengel?

6 Likes

6 Likes

just a bit early for this…let’s at least get through the first weekend of the season

1 Like

For me you make one call.

Sean Allen.

14 Likes

Yes

4 Likes

Apparently you missed out on the lengthy “this” thread after the end of last year’s season.

1 Like

We should have hired the Texas coach when we had a chance, but I guess no guarantee he would not have left to go to Texas when that job opened up

1 Like

Sean Allen is UH alumni…… I think he would stay and build…… plus heading to the Big 12.

3 Likes

Yea me too

1 Like

Hard to say with Pierce. He didn’t stay long with Sam or Tulane, but I don’t know if UH would have been just another steppingstone for him. Like Noble, he is from Houston and played at UH. When txamcs and one of the okie schools tried to poach Noble, he turned them down. Not sure what Pierce would have done when tempted with bigger $$$$.

Joe Espada

Since the Astros or any other MLB team will not give him a Managerial position

He’d take the job today, if offered.

2 Likes

? No college coaching experience at all. He wouldn’t even be a good PR stunt like Berkman or Cruz. Sean Allen is the best choice.

2 Likes

He was the bench coach/assistant coach for multiple World Series level teams.

You make the move sooner than later, give him this season to adjust and ramp up recruiting in preparation for the Big 12. At least talk to him and see if he would be interested in a 2 year turnaround.

True…Sampson had tons of previous college experience but he jumped over from the NBA.

No he would not…… He will be Astro manager after Dusty leaves……besides he is not coming down to college ball where he has to recruit…… he is one step away from a major league job.

Sean Allen is they guy…. No brainer

4 Likes

Hear Hear!! We said it after last season, should have made the move then. Could have given him a year to get this ship turned around instead of wasting another year on TW

2 Likes

“2-year turnaround” LOL

1 Like

So you don’t thing a change can turn a baseball program in 2 years ?

That’s very short-sighted on many levels.

I will say it takes longer than two years to really change a culture and build a program….However, I firmly believe if you give the keys to Allen that he can at least have the team back in the tourney within two years.
I think college baseball :baseball: is where you can have the biggest turn around in the least amount of time…. Especially moving into one of best baseball conferences in the country.

3 Likes