Next Head Coach

They got in their own way and quickly started thinking like rice again and took away the advantage baseball had -

But they also had a lock on houston isd elite baseball talent then but that has dried up tremendously and has had an effect

Kivett, he’s legit.

4 Likes

"we feel as though the trajectory of the program needed to be changed,” NMSU Director of Athletics Mario Moccia said
New Mexico State fires baseball coach Mike Kirby after 0-7 start to 2023 campaign | KTSM 9 News

Maybe we should poach NMSU’s AD.

1 Like

He just got a five year extension.

1 Like

The one who hired the basketball coach? He got an extension? That is crazy, if true.

I’m just throwing this name out there, as crazy as it might sound. Craig Biggio. Would he even have interest?

1 Like

Would DBU coach be interested??

No. He has turned down a number of Power 5 schools.

1 Like

I think he just signed another extension.

UTSA coach is good and has solid relationships with coaches….doing it with basically no facilities.

Texas St. Coach is solid…

Allen is the popular choice.

2 Likes

Yeah but we’re Houston!.. :joy:

1 Like

See Berkman at hcu

Kids aren’t as enamored with pros as coaches in college like they would be in high school

2 Likes

Woody? I don’t know if he even connects with local coaches.

I agree with you on that. It hasn’t quite worked out for Lance thus far.

Let’s keep this about baseball Funk.

2 Likes

You need a grinder…Someone that will put in the 80 hour weeks.
Someone who will attract top assistants.

And someone that has a good relationship with the Showcase and high school coaches( if those guys don’t like or trust you they will tell the parents to look elsewhere)

And a coach that relates to the players and gives every kid they recruited a chance to prove themselves.

3 Likes

If I’m the AD I’m going after Pat Hallmark with a big payday.

1 Like

I would not argue about that….but I don’t think he needs a huge payday to leave….they have zero facilities there.

3 Likes

Sounds like u need to put ur name in the hat lol

1 Like

I know we are joking here but I would love nothing more…I think I could turn the program around quickly.

The things I listed above I know I would do well, especially with the relationships with coaches….but I’m a nobody. I could have taken the college coaching track many years ago…could have started as a grad assistant when I finished playing.
But I started a family early so it changed my path…But I wouldn’t change a thing…got to spend enough time working with my son to allow him to be successful in a big way….

6 Likes

ut is on the verge of losing to KSU in their tourney. If they go 2 & out, David Pierce might be available. :rofl:

3 Likes