Nike and its new Olympic Games uniforms

https://twitter.com/CitiusMag/status/1778425681317187784?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1778425681317187784|twgr^506232dce66888d8b9bf32b452f54b81fc6f9f0c|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thedailybeast.com%2Fnike-ripped-for-risque-womens-track-olympic-uniforms

What were they thinking?

I didn’t need any more incentive to watch Track and Field, but this certainly doesn’t hurt. :joy:

You can’t argue it. Strictly and more importantly from a moral point of view Women’s athletes have every right to not wear these unis. Keep in mind that nike had the exact same problem with the US Soccer women’s team for obvious reasons. After negotiations nike changes their stance. It is about common sense. WTF is nike doing?
I have two daughters that play sports. One is in T&F. They are all talking about it.

Ahh more outrage bait. Imagine thinking that a picture meant to show the design motif print for the uniforms is somehow indicative of Nike’s suddenly being incapable of designing athletic competition wear for women just because a singlet for women falls unflatteringly on a mannequin.

Reactionary much?

2 Likes

The women who make the team can wear it or not, they have a few combination options. They are not forced to wear that one option.

Now, it seems if a woman chooses to wear it because she likes it, feels it gives her an edge she will be attacked by posters here who have deemed it inappropriate. Again, it is just another opportunity to tell American women what they can and cant do, based on what they feel is appropriate for women.

1 Like

There’s just so many leaps in logic. But apparently a company that currently sponsors and supplies nearly all the top flight track and field women athletes with their top athletic gear that includes a range of options from singlet, bikini bottom, trunks, shorts, pants and even an athletic competition hijab is trying to forcibly sexualize women. Make it make sense
 just leave your brains at home or completely off I guess. Don’t need them.

It is about morality. US women are being forced to be immoral don’t you know. Open your eyes, what pill do they say to take to open your eyes, is it the Ivermectin pill?

1 Like

How are these unis any different than other track unis.

The men should have the option to wear them too.

2 Likes

Sorry folks we can show the replay
rated

Zero difference. This is what the suit looks like on an actual human body of an Olympic track athlete and not a glossy plastic mannequin:

Lots of hullabaloo about nothing

1 Like

Weird
was 90210 posting to body shame women?

Flo Jo was better looking

:face_with_peeking_eye:

Look at how far we’ve strayed

I mean
 I get it. If one doesn’t know sh!t it’s understandable why one would be susceptible to uniformed outrage. But just a minute of thinking would know that you see track athletes wearing all different kinds of gear all of the time.

But I also knew this was BS from the jump because I’m a sporting fan and just know better. Plus I remember seeing this in the lead up to Tokyo a few years back where Clayton Murphy unboxes all of the different gear he gets from USATF for being an Olympian.

I bookmarked the part where he specifically says an athlete selects what they want to wear from a list of options at the US Trials.

Sadly I gotta tap the sign

1 Like

Germany already has the Nike ones.

1 Like

Well, those immoral germans! :smirk:

I don’t see the problem.

I’m not going to start trying to speak for women on this. Just don’t think it’s my place.

1 Like

Right but the narrative that Nike is forcing women T&F athletes to wear something obscene in order to over-sexualize them is belied by the fact that they have a full assortment of options to pick from and can wear whatever they’re most comfortable in to compete including an athletic hijab.

1 Like