No more Covid freebees

That’s a good link to read. One of the most upsetting things to
me about that , other then the deaths themselves, is the Indian
governments efforts to downplay and hide the reality. I expect more from
the worlds largest democracy. Apparently there is a lot I don’t know
about them.

Probably reporting them correctly, and the us and other countries are reporting anyone that had covid and died even if it was not the main cause

1 Like

India got crushed by covid. I remember reading about it during one of the surges. They couldn’t keep up with the bodies.

2 Likes

Explain the excess deaths then. What else was going on during that period of a global pandemic that was causing all the deaths? And it ramped up and down with covid numbers.

It’s pretty clear what was going on. Excess deaths tell the story.

4 Likes

Basically whoever is in power in the USA down plays Covid so the economy can get going for them in power. It kills the economy to say wear masks bc fear happens. Both parties are to blame but the media only goes after republicans which is unfair. Covid didn’t end when biden had his national address and trump would be blasted in that same time frame.

1 Like

Huh?

When biden had his national address, he wore no masks bc the war was center stage and he needed to say Covid was over so the dems and no one wore masks bc they wanted to signal that Covid wasn’t a threat anymore to help the economy. If trump did that he’d be roasted in the media. I just want fair play in the media but the media is biased against the republicans.

2 Likes

He got blasted for saying covid was over and then it surged back. Biden has been beaten up plenty for covid and rightfully so.

1 Like

Waiting for my free monkeypox tests.

Well then ok bc it’s not over but both parties once in power want to say it’s over so they can have a better economy. Biden etc wore masks when trump was in power then suddenly once the dems were in control, they said it’s over by not wearing masks which is true. It’s political but republicans get hammered more for the same action. Biden couldn’t address the public in that speech with a mask bc of the war being a big problem so he had to ditch the mask to build confidence in the public and just have the war as the main issue.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/capitol-ditches-mask-requirement-ahead-state-union-83148686

Says they removed the mandate to move us past the pandemic though it wasn’t over. It was political and if trump did this, they’d blast him

Just saying it isn’t fair in the news. I voted trump in 2016 then biden so I don’t hate either one but this is an ex of media bias.

2 Likes

That is from 2022. I didn’t even notice this because I didn’t care about masks by then.

That said, it’s not true that everyone stopped wearing masks once Biden got into office.

1 Like

But the leader which was biden needed to set the example whether others followed or not. He just suddenly wore no masks but it was political to help his economy. When trump wore no masks he was blasted bc people felt he needed to set an ex for people to have masks. Trump should have wore masks and he was stupid not setting an ex same as biden but just saying the media treated them different. When biden wore no mask Covid wasn’t over. It might sorta be now but not then.

Not nearly as bad as trump

Most of the media is left bias and only Fox News is republican. I hate Fox News bc they go crazy but we’re not getting fair and balanced news. If biden took documents I’m sure the media would cover it less even if the same crime was committed. So it’s just political and the left has the upper hand in what you read and watch. There is a hatred towards republicans in media and in our country so I think we’re headed towards what they want and what the people want regardless of facts.

At the end of day I’m for soc sec, Medicare and Obamacare and a decent economy so I’m good. The republicans make it tough for me to vote for them bc they attack the 3 I care about but if they would stop I could vote republican. Ted Cruz etc won’t stop.

The most popular cable news network is biased against the Democrats. Its 2022 and online media is the way people go, all sides are pushed on people. The “media” is not against Republicans. It’s a crybaby, snow-flake take by Republicans when they say it.

1 Like

As rtcoog mentioned, you have to account for the excess deaths. Can’t hide from
that blip. It’s simply disingenuous for a government to do that. India and China share
that infamy by reporting so low number of deaths due to covid.

1 Like

They do it to help their economy. Our Lt gov said their was an acceptable death rate and we need the economy going, so it’s political.

Define media.