No more Covid freebees

There is bias but the extent is so incredibly exaggerated.

I would say the most extreme bias is found on some websites for the right. The old school newspapers still be somewhat biased towards the left. CNN got pushed more to the left because Fox News became the go to source for the right and turned into Trump network during his term. Of course Fox News also built the narrative and keeps it alive about the “media bias”. Plenty of biased media on both sides.

Agree with that. The bias of the “mainstream media” is what I was talking about.

Media would be the chronicle,cnn and most papers minus Fox News. There are more left wing news sources than right wing.

Then you are skipping over a lot of right leaning sources. For example, wsj, Ny post, OAN, Newsmax, etc.

And the internet is full of them.

I may not even agree with that. For the sources that over 50% agree are “mainstream”, 3 are right leaning and total views is probably close. Fox News, Wall Street Journal, and NY Post are for sure mainstream in my book. I think its actually the 2nd tier that is more left leaning when you get into big city local papers.

I don’t consider some of them to be mainstream media. I think of network news and big papers when I think of that. It’s up for interpretation though.

The wall st journal is right wing but mainly I’m talking about news channels that are left wing dominant. Many people don’t get newspapers and flip on the tv and it’s just Fox News vs the others. Fox is irritating like the others but it’s all they have on tv. I think our country is going left overall bc the mix of people we have and younger people have the I’m getting hurt by mean old republican capitalists. I’m moderate and like that workers have the upper hand so they just need to pay more for workers, esp at the lower end. I like the Medicare, soc sec and Obamacare that the dems support. If the republicans could leave those alone and move on to just the economy, I could vote republican. I do think it will be tougher for republicans to get elected going forward for prez bc biden wasn’t great but won. The republicans prob win more senate races bc there is less pub about those elections and the dem supporters miss it bc it isn’t big time. I don’t like how conservative issues are suppressed and the dems did a great job of surpressing conservative views everywhere. It’s no longer cool to be conservative so the dems are winning that argument.
We do need both parties to be strong so we don’t slant too far either way.

It is. The bigger issue is there are a lot of people like our French buddy who would say Breitbart is less biased than AP News.

1 Like

Umm, the Biden Administration instituted a mask mandate on all federal property, including the White House and Capitol, when they came into office. Pretty sure he signed that executive order the day of his inauguration. Prior to vaccines, masking and social distancing was the primary defense against covid. That mandate has been increasingly rolled back as time has gone on, science was updated and most importantly vaccinations became the primary defense against covid. As the last of those mandates ended by Q2 of this year, that’s not “they got into power and they didn’t wear masks.” They got into power, required masking, and as the situation has steadily changed and covid has become endemic, they relaxed the masking requirements.

1 Like

On the right: there’s Fox, OAN, Newsmax, News Nation. There’s down the middle: ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, BBC. And then there’s Left: MSNBC and TYT. The imbalance leans right.

No it was a flip of switch on his prez address. Suddenly no masks at that address which surprised me and a lot of others , saying it’s over. So it was political and if trump won and did that, he would be blasted in the media. This is my main point. Political bias in media and no one said anything about it and it wasn’t over by then. Biden just made it be over to help his economy and tenure. At that moment he should have still worn a mask. If it was today or a few months ago, I’d agree with him.

Conservative issues are “suppressed?” Really? Abortion without exception is now or soon will be illegal in many states. Other social issues like “CRT,” universal school choice, and same-sex marriage are following the right-wing playbook. Loyalty to the Big Lie is the test of GOP membership. We even have Republican state legislatures that want the authority to overrule the will of the people on elections. I thought Democrats were bad at messaging, and Republicans were fantastic at it.

1 Like

The only reason row v wade got overturned is bc a judge died and the republicans got the majority on the Supreme Court. This was nothing to do with media bias but was procedure. I actually don’t agree with out lawing abortion only bc women will seek other dangerous methods like in the past or have to drive to get an abortion. As far as voter suppression, the main thing is they want you to have an id which isn’t bad and reduces voter fraud. You need an id for all sorts of things so I don’t think having an id to vote is bad. Just vote once then done. If no ids are required, people can vote several times which is the issue. The republicans just what ids for voters just like when you buy liquor etc.,

On same sex marriage, I don’t care and it would be better to let people enter that contract and face legal issues in a divorce. So I think they are wrong on that issue but it’s religious based so they won’t give it up.On school choice , it would kill public schools so let’s keep it to where if you want to go private, just pay extra.

The media is still biased against conservatives. If a guy or girl went to a college and tried to speak saying go by the Bible , he or she would be blasted but if they wanted to speak on trans issues etc, no backlash. It needs to be equal treatment but it’s not nowadays.

Don’t agree that “the media” is biased against conservatives. Some of it is just as some is biased against progressives. And frankly there’s not much to write home about in today’s GOP, which is devolving into an authoritarian party and personality cult.

1 Like

You’re talking about a decision that happened more than a year after he was inaugurated and nearly a year and a half after the election. Where they had already previously rolled back some of the mandate (masking outdoors on federal property ended mid-2021). And the last of the mandate ended in April of this year. Part of it was political for sure. But it’s not like it was made against the best science and context of where we were at in the pandemic. DT was slammed for not masking because it was one of, if not the best, spread mitigation measures we had and therefore in the context of where we were in that part of the pandemic he was acting against the best science at the time. It’s not hard to see the nuance of different situations and understand the different responses they prompted.

3 Likes

It was political and it says they wanted a return to normalcy but it was to protect his economy. Many left masks at home which is mentioned which means it wasn’t over and they had a mandate for testing to be present. So if it was over why mandate testing them. It wasn’t over then , it was just political to help biden get his tenure off to a good start and the war was the big issue so he couldn’t have masks and a war to deal with on that speech which would negatively affect him.

Just saying trump would be blasted for this same action thus bias.

1 Like

He had completed over 25% of his term by March 2022. Your statement doesn’t make sense in the actual timeline of things. They mandated masks for over a year in the WH and even longer in the Capitol. I’m not sure how you’re missing/forgetting over a year in time but you can’t just ignore that and say that the two situations are the same and there’s unequal treatment because of bias.

Protects his economy? What does that even mean? The economy would be at risk if they kept masking at the WH/Capitol?

Absolutely.