NO PAC12 Expansion

The answer is to always get better.

3 Likes

It’s literally just one guy arguing with every poster who barely mentions the Pac12. One guy.

No one else is showing that level of passion about this subject.

1 Like

I’m with you here…I was all about getting into the PAC before the surprise Tx/OU exit, and subsequent Big12 invite…before that, I viewed the PAC as our best bet to get into a P5…

Let’s enjoy where we are, have fun, win games.

The future is bright.

6 Likes

Agreed. Good post

1 Like

Because people keep thinking that we either will, or should, go to the PAC-12, and keep bringing it up.

As long as they keep doing that, I’ll keep stating the obvious in order to refute them.

Dig?

Now, if certain people here would stop wishing for us to be in a far flung conference with inferior competition and no local rivals/fan interest, maybe I wouldn’t have to keep bringing this stuff up. But as long as they keep doing that I’ll keep refuting them.

Bottom line is this. The PAC-12 doesn’t want any Big 12 team due to lack of brand value, and people shouldn’t be wishing that they did and that we’d accept because we’d lose local fan and recruit interest, incur outrageous travel costs, and play in a weaker conference.

NO true blue Coogfan should want that for our school/program.

1 Like

That is obviously true since no P5 had asked us until the Big12 did. Clemson used to be irrelevant until ten years ago, and now they are one of the top football programs in the country. If UH can do what Clemson has done for about a decade and possibly get AAU, then yes it would be attractive to other conferences.

On the other hand, if that does happen, maybe UH can be the bell cow for the Big12.

As long as 1927 and others keep saying the Pac-12 is a better destination for UH, it will keep getting debunked with facts.

We know, we know.

1 Like

Some here apparently don’t.

Law…you are basing ALL of your arguments on a Big 12 that INCLUDED UT & OU.

Exposure, recruiting, media deals were all for a conference with those two in mind.

We don’t know what will happen but your arguments don’t hold water.

Especially since you are contradicting yourself saying a ACC that loses FSU and Clemson will no longer be a power conference.

North Carolina, Miami, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Duke, Syracuse are still way more attractive brands to the casual college fan than any school in the Big 12 except for Kansas.

But keep making your myopic arguments

2 Likes

Im in agreement there. I also believe get better at where you currently are. The ideology that the grass is always greener across the street quite often backfires.

As long as we are playing what if’s, what if the PAC does come calling and we jump ship, then the Big10 wants us the following year. We jump ship again? Then the SEC sees value in us. On to the SEC?

There is value in staying where you are and building on that. That is how to get better. There is no basis to say that the Big12 is or will be a mediocre conference in the future. Our future is mainly in our own ability to get better where we are.

The SEC has been around since 1932. It wasnt always a dominant conference, it built itself into one. Alabama wasnt the dominant school prior to 2007. They were just ok. That wasnt that long ago.

1 Like

My basic position is to never settle and to keep looking for the bigger stage. It’s been Dr Khator’s mission for our university since she got here. Her efforts are paying off.

And it’s encouraging to find favorable articles about our potential. Others would have UH placed in a box.

3 Likes

Yes…TCU did just that before playing a single game in the Big East

The other Big 12 programs aren’t going to collapse in terms of quality of play due to OU and UT leaving.

BYU and Cincy don’t have anything to do with either school, nor does UCF.

As for other Big 12 schools, don’t look for them to collapse. UT always out recruited all of them. It didn’t make UT better.

Their success doesn’t depend upon UT or OU.

Your mission: It’s up to you to remind them.

And the argument is that the PAC-12 is NOT a bigger stage.

It #5 out of 5 in both football and men’s basketball.

That’s why it’s stupid that some of our fans see that as a better future.

Real dumb.

1 Like

…and rhe ACC schools will?

Did you not see all the media exposure for the North Carolina vs Duke match-up last season.

…and it wasn’t all just because coach K was leaving.

The casual non- ACC basketball fan wants to see that.

Give me an example of the equivalent in the new Big 12?

1 Like

Of course. They obviously need reminding.

Somebody’s gotta do it!

If they shut up, then I’ll shut up.

But not before.

Basketball isn’t the bill payer.

Football is.

And without Clemson and Florida State, the bill payers won’t be there.

UNC is another potential B1G raidee.

Once the SEC and B1G finish their raids, tell me how the ACC remains a power football conference.

I don’t see it.

Wake Forest, Duke, and VaTech?

Please.

The Big East was dying. Everyone was jumping ship. They got an offer from a better conference and rather than die with the conference, took the offer.

The Big12 is not dying and our future is in our hands as well as our new conference mates.

Your example is a one off under unusual circumstances unless you have a number of other examples then your counter is just that, a one off.

Tne Big 12 has lost six 1…2…3…4…5…6 State Flagship level institutions and has back filled them with G5 inventory to go with the supporting state schools or small private schools with the lone exception being Kansas.

When we accepted the invitation to the Big East…it included UCONN ( Kansas equivalent), Louisville, Rutgers, Cincinnati, & USF.

UCONN even won a natty in the AAC

I fail to see how there are not simaliriries.

If we can maintain a big time appearance (ratings + recruits) we will remain a Power Conference…if our level of quality + TV numbers drop, 1 of 2 things will happen.

1. the networks will start to promote a P4 narrative excluding the Big 12

2. the networks will dictate where the value pieces of the Big 12 should end up

This game of musical chairs is FAR from over

2 Likes